Rate the scenario or CG above you.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like a medium tourney scenario. Not really familiar with this one and it does not grab my interest. 4/10.

G33 The Awakening Of Spring.
7 of 10,
Enjoyed the look of the scenario (heavy hitters, good troops, time period, etc.), but found it is too easy for the Russians to determine the German's avenue of advance as it narrows down quickly to only a couple of options. The German limitations imposed by slow vehicles, terrain and heavy hitters in the Russian OB does make this one a challenge for the Germans to say the least!

J1 Urban Guerillas ?

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2/10. The size disguise the fact that this is a slow tedious scenario idea where too large forces mean tgere is little to no room for manoeuvre.

ABTF3 six pound prize.
Seriously? This is the first such critique I have heard of this scenario. Most say it is one of the very best.

There are many choices, on both sides, a player has to make. The maneuver element is key.

The better a player is at maneuver and exploiting weaknesses as well as recognizing when and how move to defend weak points while under fire the better this scenario plays.

Bob Bendis and I had a great ASLOK finals match with this very scenario. Bob insisted on playing it, so I let him pick his side. He took the Germans and it came down to the wire in some crazy action.

/Shrug, I guess tastes really do vary wildly.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Seriously? This is the first such critique I have heard of this scenario. Most say it is one of the very best.

There are many choices, on both sides, a player has to make. The maneuver element is key.

The better a player is at maneuver and exploiting weaknesses as well as recognizing when and how move to defend weak points while under fire the better this scenario plays.

Bob Bendis and I had a great ASLOK finals match with this very scenario. Bob insisted on playing it, so I let him pick his side. He took the Germans and it came down to the wire in some crazy action.

/Shrug, I guess tastes really do vary wildly.
I think Vinnie was talking about Clearing The Breskens Pocket, not The Five Pound Prize.

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
ASL1 Fighting Withdrawal gets 9/10, terrific infantry scenario
AP62 Shouting into the Storm looks great & goes on my 'must play soon' list

AP32 Second Crack at Caumont

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hmm. We have several theads going parallel. Was that the idea for real?

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
7 of 10,
Enjoyed the look of the scenario (heavy hitters, good troops, time period, etc.), but found it is too easy for the Russians to determine the German's avenue of advance as it narrows down quickly to only a couple of options. The German limitations imposed by slow vehicles, terrain and heavy hitters in the Russian OB does make this one a challenge for the Germans to say the least!

J1 Urban Guerillas ?
Urban Guerillas looks like it leans a bit heavily toward the Russians, but definitely worth a play. 6/10

DB100 The Gateway

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
DB100 The Gateway
A small scenario which does not spark my interest. 4/10. Is it well balanced? (I've just seen it is 50/50 on ROAR. Makes it better.)

J64 American Tragedy.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
9/10 - this is a fun challenging scenario that has lots of actions and possibilities for both sides. It is also a rare Chinese Japanese urban fight with the Chinese as the aggressors.

ASL 77 Le Herisson

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
9/10 - this is a fun challenging scenario that has lots of actions and possibilities for both sides. It is also a rare Chinese Japanese urban fight with the Chinese as the aggressors.

ASL 77 Le Herisson
8/10. Proto-StuGs get half credit but it's a challenging situation for both sides and the action starts immediately and lasts until the end in most playings.

FrF2/J113 Maczek Fire Brigade

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
8/10 Good early war scenario but in my opinion, hard for the Germans

ASL 89 REscue attempt

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't really know this one. I checked the archive but it does not trigger my memory. I'll give it 5/10 interest rating.

J54 Showtime.
The third of a trio, really enjoyed all of them. 7/10

RB1 One Down Two to Go