VASL Extension for Four-Dice roll?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, just getting back into ASL after many years away. The ASL rulebook suggests using a four-dice-roll (with dice of four different colors) to resolve RS for full stacks.

There doesn't seem to be any capability or extension in VASL to conduct four-dice-rolls...is that because no one actually uses them, because it is technically impossible in VASSAL, or some other reason (no one has gotten around to it...)?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
You don't need a special extension. Click the RS button N times. The numbers will be in order in the log (first line, second line, etc). That gives you a number stack to (mentally) align with your counter stack. Done.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
/sigh

This is what drives me batty about ASLers. :)

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
There's a "3D6" extension available to download from vasl.info that does what it says on the tin.

More usefully there is a "RandomSelectionBot" extension, but it doesn't seem to be available from vasl.info. I don't know where I got it from, I've had it a while. It just gives you a drop down menu with the number of dice to roll at a time and then it rolls them. It's not "graphical" like the other dice-rollers in the current version of VASL but it does the job.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If that extension were made available with the others, I would install it immediately.
The "RS" button is not very satisfying.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's a "3D6" extension available to download from vasl.info that does what it says on the tin.

View attachment 10137

More usefully there is a "RandomSelectionBot" extension, but it doesn't seem to be available from vasl.info. I don't know where I got it from, I've had it a while. It just gives you a drop down menu with the number of dice to roll at a time and then it rolls them. It's not "graphical" like the other dice-rollers in the current version of VASL but it does the job.

View attachment 10138
View attachment 10139
Can you send me the RandomSelectionBot extension? I will add it to vasl.info.

styson @ gmail.com