D6.83 Carrier Removable Armament

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first sentence of D6.83 states: "6.83 A Carrier HS/crew may also abandon/re-occupy a Carrier along with the Carrier's MG/ATR/mortar as per 6.631."

So if I have a Carrier B, may I remove the MG and the ATR when I abandon the vehicle or do I have to choose between one or the other? In other words, how do I interpret the slashes here?

Thanks,

Commie

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would see the slashes as non restrictive "or": the HS/crew can remove the MG or the ATR or both.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The only possible restriction that I could see is total PP. You can't so reduce your MF to below 1 MF (or 2 MF where the unloading cost is doubled, eg some LCT, Ram Kangaroo). So a total of 7 PP would be right out. If the carrier had moved just a shade under half its MP then the crew has only 2 MF to unload, needs a minimum 1 MF to unload so could only take 4 PP maximum with them.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The only possible restriction that I could see is total PP. You can't so reduce your MF to below 1 MF (or 2 MF where the unloading cost is doubled, eg some LCT, Ram Kangaroo). So a total of 7 PP would be right out. If the carrier had moved just a shade under half its MP then the crew has only 2 MF to unload, needs a minimum 1 MF to unload so could only take 4 PP maximum with them.
MF reduction due to carrying to much PP only applies to Infantry.

Q&A:
A4.42 & D6.5
If a MMC carries a 5PP SW, and is alone (without leader), its MF allotment is reduced to 2 MF. Suppose that it is carried by a
truck that expends 1/2 of its MP allotment (including stop MP). The MMC is supposed to have expended 2 MF, so it has no MF
left. Can it unload?
A. Not that turn.

A. Upon further review, we have changed the answer here to “Yes, it can unload. The MF reduction for excess PP only applies to
Infantry.” Sorry for any confusion.