Sissukoni 2019

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Actually, there are studies that suggests that 2 cl of alcohol makes your brain more creative (the problem is to "only" have 2 cl). ?
Yeah, but that is a fine line. When our boys were 5-6 years old, we consistently beat them in the game of Memory. But if we each had one glass of wine, we consistently lost against them (25 years later we loose everything against them, and filling them with alcohol does not help).

One glass of wine would correspond to 3-4 cl of alcohol I guess, so even if you do believe in Mathias Benedek et. al. you really do need to know when to stop.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
With that said; We are grown men, and I think alcohol is a nice touch to the friendliness of the game. Ie, as long as you can handle it of course.
This of course the way I see it as well.

Unfortunately some think they can handle it while they cannot- hence it needs to be spelled out so there is a way to tell someone has crossed the line.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
This of course the way I see it as well.

Unfortunately some think they can handle it while they cannot- hence it needs to be spelled out so there is a way to tell someone has crossed the line.
I could not have said it better myself. Just as in "real life", where laws in democracies are not needed for the regular guys, they are needed for the misfits.

Again, I congratulate the TD's for Copenhagen ASL Open, Helsinki Sissukoni and Borås Supporting Fire for ensuring common decency towards fellow players to three of the Nordic ASL Tournaments.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
In case you are coming over, please register-----------> HERE <-------------
Looking forward to boarding that plane on Friday, and participating in the alcohol-moderated and second most enjoyable tournament in the Nordic Countries (sorry, Carlsson, but 3rd place is not bad :) ).

How many participants do you expect?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
A big thanks for me as well. This is my favorite small tournament for a number of reasons:
  • Easy access. Only Chicago has easier access from an international/transatlantic airport. Copenhagen comes third (though I have never been to Atlanta or DC).
  • Thoughtful selection of scenarios, not the "same-old-same-old" ones. This year I had played only 27% of them before their announcement, my average is otherwise 46%
(Copenhagen, otherwise another favorite tournament of mine, was 80%).
  • Balanced scenarios, there was one with a 14-10 Roar, all others were better balanced.
  • The size of the scenarios fit the allotted time.
  • The Finns are there to have fun and enjoy the game.
  • A tournament in the Nordic Countries without anybody becoming obnoxiously drunk (despite taking place in a Nightclub with a full license).
SO, again thanks, and see you next year.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
  • Thoughtful selection of scenarios, not the "same-old-same-old" ones. This year I had played only 27% of them before their announcement, my average is otherwise 46%
Is there somewhere I can see the scenario listing please Magnus? I cannot find a tourny website.............

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Is there somewhere I can see the scenario listing please Magnus? I cannot find a tourny website.............
The understaffed Finns had an excellent web-page incorporating their local Gamesquad, Facebook, ROAR, AREA/APCR, and the kitchen sink, but it apparently went down hill with Nokia :) .

Here is my version of the scenario listing (one name deleted as that well-known person does not want to have his name published):

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The understaffed Finns had an excellent web-page incorporating their local Gamesquad, Facebook, ROAR, AREA/APCR, and the kitchen sink, but it apparently went down hill with Nokia :) .
Many thanks Magnus - brave of the tourny director to have a Korean round.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
brave of the tourny director to have a Korean round.
Totally agree, good small scenarios and loads of fun. However, they were early North Koreans, so basically "Forgotten War for beginners". I am having my first game with Chinese on Thursday, that is more serious stuff :) . Col. Wetzelberger of SL fame and I will thereafter venture into Night territory, and thereafter into Korean Night territory, another giant leap for this man.

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
A big thanks for me as well. This is my favorite small tournament for a number of reasons:
  • Easy access. Only Chicago has easier access from an international/transatlantic airport. Copenhagen comes third (though I have never been to Atlanta or DC).
(Copenhagen, otherwise another favorite tournament of mine, was 80%).
  • Balanced scenarios, there was one with a 14-10 Roar, all others were better balanced.
  • The size of the scenarios fit the allotted time.
  • The Finns are there to have fun and enjoy the game.
  • A tournament in the Nordic Countries without anybody becoming obnoxiously drunk (despite taking place in a Nightclub with a full license).
SO, again thanks, and see you next year.
Sounds like a blast. Perhaps next year for me.
/asad

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Can we know who won, who played, what they played?
Hey Brothers and Cousins Lukkari,

I do not think that Michael is asking as a private individual here, he is asking as the official data manager of the new APCR system.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Hey Brothers and Cousins Lukkari,

I do not think that Michael is asking as a private individual here, he is asking as the official data manager of the new APCR system.
Nope. Just asking as little ol' me.