2019-2020 Deluxe VASL League

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening Fellow Berserkers!
Randy Rossi's American forces held back my German onslaught in our playing of J158 "It Don't Come Easy."
Good defense slowed up my forces (especially a small HS - arrgghh) to hold on for the victory. Congratulations
to Randy and we will meet again in the Desert League.
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening Fellow Berserkers!
Randy Rossi's American forces held back my German onslaught in our playing of J158 "It Don't Come Easy."
Good defense slowed up my forces (especially a small HS - arrgghh) to hold on for the victory. Congratulations
to Randy and we will meet again in the Desert League.
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce
Recorded in the league and on ROAR. Thanks gentlemen.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Fleming (British) defeats Pat Flory (Italian) in Commando Beach 2 (FT241).

The Italians set up in force to defend the bridge but some lucky rolls by the British and the only snakes the Italians could muster resulted in Berserk Italians that were doomed. The Italian 12s CR'd squads or broke key guns. Rinse and repeat.

Rules misinterpretation also benefitted the British, so we can't say much on the balance/excitement for this one as the hand of fate was firmly on one side.

Good luck to Pat in his other matches!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will Fleming (British) defeats Pat Flory (Italian) in Commando Beach 2 (FT241).

The Italians set up in force to defend the bridge but some lucky rolls by the British and the only snakes the Italians could muster resulted in Berserk Italians that were doomed. The Italian 12s CR'd squads or broke key guns. Rinse and repeat.

Rules misinterpretation also benefitted the British, so we can't say much on the balance/excitement for this one as the hand of fate was firmly on one side.

Good luck to Pat in his other matches!
Thanks for the report Will. Recorded in the League and in VASL.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I managed to get the better of Pete with an all out Chinese assault. A plane with a well-placed bomb helped open up the attack and it was bloody from there.
Thanks for the report Jason, I will post it in the League and on Roar.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Taylor and Jim Hunter finished their playing of J159, It Don't Come Easy with a win for Mr. Taylor's Germans. With the conclusion of that game, this round has come to a close almost a month early. Excellent job guys. I will be opening up the next rounds match-ups some time over the weekend. Thank you for your promptness gentlemen.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen,

Thank you for being so prompt in completing the first round. It allows me to send you these matchups all the sooner for the next round. An email has also been sent.

Carl

Round Two 04/07/2019-07/31/2019

1-0 Bracket

Kevin Killeen vs Victor Rosso

James Taylor vs Jason Wert

Randy Rossi vs Gene Holmgren

Sebastiano Caltabiano vs Will Fleming

0-1 Bracket

Jim Hunter vs Will Willow

Bob Eury vs Ted Wilcox

Pat Flory vs Pierce Mason

Dave Garvin vs Peter Di Cioccio

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin and I finished playing CH7-Prelude to Breakout. In the end the Kevin's defenders couldn't pass a MC (including an especially hurtful tossing of boxcars on a WP smoke grenade from a 548 firing a HMG with the vaunted 9-2!). So my Amis took the win.

Overall an interesting scenario and a great opponent.

Here's an image of where we ended up where game was conceded prior to the US rout phase where my forces had achieved 19 CVP and were about to capture a 5 cvp of prisoners and have a full squad jump the lone 9-2 in cc:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin and I finished playing CH7-Prelude to Breakout. In the end the Kevin's defenders couldn't pass a MC (including an especially hurtful tossing of boxcars on a WP smoke grenade from a 548 firing a HMG with the vaunted 9-2!). So my Amis took the win.

Overall an interesting scenario and a great opponent.

Thanks Vic, I will record on ROAR and the League.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, my version of the scenario CH7 is named "Prelude to Breakthrough" v 1.1. The ASL Scenario Archive shows Prelude to Breakout as a geoboard scenario. Of course, CH is known to change scenario names with updates so I'm not sure which would be correct.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, my version of the scenario CH7 is named "Prelude to Breakthrough" v 1.1. The ASL Scenario Archive shows Prelude to Breakout as a geoboard scenario. Of course, CH is known to change scenario names with updates so I'm not sure which would be correct.
Breakthrough is what ROAR has. Breakout was a Ah/MMP scenario.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matchups for round 3 being emailed out over the weekend. If you do not have them by Sunday PM, please shoot me an email. They will also be posted here. Thanks,
Carl

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here you go gentlemen. Emails also went out.

Round Three 08/01/2019-10/31/2019

2-0 Bracket

Will Fleming vs Gene Holmberg

James Taylor vs Victor Rosso

1-1 Bracket

Randy Rossi vs Sebastiano Caltabiano

Kevin Killeen vs Jason Wert

Will Willow vs Bob Eury

Pierce Mason vs Dave Garvin

0-2 Bracket

Jim Hunter vs Ted Wilcox

Peter Di Cioccio vs Carl Nogueira (Filling in 0-0)

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Evening
Dave Garvin and I will play DASL 4 "First To Strike." My Germans will battle Dave's Russians.
Cheers!
Pierce

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin Killeen's Americans bested Bob Eury's Germans in J123 Charging Chaumont. Bob was really unfortunate that on turn 1 his PSK guy went berserk and ran to his death. Without really any other AT assets the Americans ran wild.
Did you have any issues with the overlays in this one?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you have any issues with the overlays in this one?
You are using the dragable Deluxe Overlays from the Overlay ICON on the Control Window, not trying to type them in right? If you type them in, you get miniature overlays.