VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
In the second league Joe Vennarucci fallschirmjägers surrendered to Juan Santacruz ANZACs in BITE OF THE BASSOTTO FrF51

Joe made a mistake in his deployment, but it looked as it was a well laid ambush... I thought it was an ambush (6 hexes in the northeast corner whitout stacks in front of them.... The HIPsters there? The mines?).... When I noticed that there were few shoots at my recon HS´s, and that they were innefective ( a few dice throws of 7, 8 and 9´s...), I started running as fast as I could with the rest of my squads to get into the village.

I got half of it at the end of my first turn (7 out of 13 houses) and, as a side effect, my 9-1 and two squads got in CC with his Stug !!!.

Joe thought that the situation became desesperate and imposible to revert. He just conceded. I told him that we can play it again, that it was a silly mistake that gave me a enormous advantage, so we could start it again, but with a lot of sportmanship (I´m not sure if that´s the word spelling or use in english...) he just conceded.

Thanks a lot, Joe!

(Pd: We made arrangements to play again just for fun out of the VASLeague after July the 4th)

Last edited:

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
there is no smoke of any kind in Mud
No smoke in mud, but can white phosphorous have its other effect, causing MCs without placing a smoke counter?

I guess since you don’t place the counter A24.31, you can’t cause casualties. Bummer.

Last edited:

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No smoke in mud, but can white phosphorous have its other effect, causing MCs without placing a smoke counter?

I guess since you don’t place the counter A24.31, you can’t cause casualties. Bummer.
Perhaps within the same building.

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
In the Second League Kåre Jacobsens British Indians defeated Don Hollands Italian Eritreans in Messervy's Men (J127).It came down to a close combat where a British 8-1 had to lock an Italian 3-4-6 squad +an 8-1 in melee to win.He managed to ambush and kill them and win the scenario.A Victoria Cross for him.Thanks to Don Holland for being an easygoing opponent.

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the West/Central Division, David Haasl's Soviets defeated Steffen Knippel's Teutonic Hordes in AP131 "Crickets in Spring". Steffen was unable to get more than a foothold in the town before conceding. While the Soviets didn't have terribly hot dice, they had terribly fortuitous dice - getting what they needed when they needed it more or less. But what decided the issue was the panthers finding both my HIP guns flank on. This mean that the T-34s didn't have to engage in risky behavior and hand CVP to the other side. Steffen was awesome opponent and a good sport as the luck was clearly not on his side this time. I should add that this is the first time I have managed to beat him over the years. I look forward to playing him again and maybe reaching .500 against him lifetime.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the West/Central Division, David Haasl's Soviets defeated Steffen Knippel's Teutonic Hordes in AP131 "Crickets in Spring". Steffen was unable to get more than a foothold in the town before conceding. While the Soviets didn't have terribly hot dice, they had terribly fortuitous dice - getting what they needed when they needed it more or less. But what decided the issue was the panthers finding both my HIP guns flank on. This mean that the T-34s didn't have to engage in risky behavior and hand CVP to the other side. Steffen was awesome opponent and a good sport as the luck was clearly not on his side this time. I should add that this is the first time I have managed to beat him over the years. I look forward to playing him again and maybe reaching .500 against him lifetime.
Haasl's Soviets weren't just lucky, Dr Dave played them well. Good defence, no mistakes, no missed shots.
Okay, my dice weren't great. But I contributed to my own defeat by overplaying my Panthers without infantry support. And running people around in open ground - let's not forget that.
Dr Haasl's a good player, and his next opponent will be happy to have played him.
I'll beat him next time.
Steffen

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not seeing Francois's post for our game, so my American's lost BB10, Buckeye Blitzkrieg by a single MF to Francois's Japanese. We could get to the last Pillbox, but not get inside. About as close as a game can be. I had a good time playing Francois. This is an interesting scenario too. It had been on my playlist forever and I am happy to say I was not disappointed, save for 1 MF. ;-)

fantassin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In Second League François trébosc with the Poles win frf 45 Totensonntag against Charles Dye, elegant opponent

Very pleasant game on nice scenario, the Poles firepower make the difference .

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
In Round 3 of the Top VASl league, Jon Cole (Germans) held on for a narrow win over Charles [Chuck]Hammond (British) in our playing of J67 "The Lawless Roads"

A game with manys swings of DRs, I got the better of them with some outstanding To Hit rolls, including a couple of ATR Crit Hits.. I couldn't kill the last AFV I needed for an immediate win (a squad failed a PAATC when trying to advance into CC with a Stunned Carrier). So it came down to the last British MPh when I neede to kill/break a 9-2/458 stack with one of my AT gun crews. A 4 down 2 shot rolled well enough to K the leader (who died on his wound roll) and srtop the MMC.

A close run thing

Thanks to Chuck for the game.

Cheers
Jon

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
In round 3 in the East Will Willow's British lost to Damon Norko's Japanese in J151 Squeeze Play.

javanabal

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hello
?
In round 3, we had a very fair and fun fight, Eben Johnson and I. "J41 By ourselves" was the terrain where we met. I had a good third turn completing a quite good move to take a maximum of building locations while killing the most germans. Eben came back with a very tough bunch of elite german warriors. He was as competitive as fair and I was afraid until the end. Finally he fell under a dreadfull lack of luck (never saw so many 12 in so little time), facing heroic norwegian vikings. And then Julian Alaphilippe kept the yellow jacket. And I won this game. Very nice. We will meet again.
Cheers Eben

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello
?
In round 3, we had a very fair and fun fight, Eben Johnson and I. "J41 By ourselves" was the terrain where we met. I had a good third turn completing a quite good move to take a maximum of building locations while killing the most germans. Eben came back with a very tough bunch of elite german warriors. He was as competitive as fair and I was afraid until the end. Finally he fell under a dreadfull lack of luck (never saw so many 12 in so little time), facing heroic norwegian vikings. And then Julian Alaphilippe kept the yellow jacket. And I won this game. Very nice. We will meet again.
Cheers Eben
One of my all time favorites.

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mike K and I finished up our top league match with my Russians narrowly holding on to enough buildings to defeat Mike's Italians in "AP23, agony at arnautovo"

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Morning
Ernie Cameron and I will kick off the last month of Round 3 playing ASL 137 "Italian Brothers."
Ernie's Republicans will attempt to hold off my Nationalist. T-Time, Thursday evening.
cheers!
Pierce?

Status
Not open for further replies.