Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Kudos to you for reading that Desperation Morale review and not going out and buying the GMT game.............

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Growing up in the 1960's & having had family members in the 6th WI of the "Iron Brigade" of the Army of the Potomac, the ACW was my first historical period love. Though I've spent most of my adult life in the military and served in many combat actions, reading the AAR transformed me into that little guy that was so intrigued by the heroics and horror of that war. Many thanks for the AAR, loved it! You may have re-peaked my interest in that period.

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice write up on an interesting modification of the game! I enjoyed reading it, as always, and happy belated birthday to GJ!!

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks for the AAR on an esoteric corner of our hobby.

Seems to me it plays like a HW in mud, but I like the counters and map art that give it a unique ACW feel.

If you do decide to play another in the future, please post the AAR, another enjoyable (comprehensive) one from you.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
a big thank you and a damn you at the same time Danno for posting that. A wonderful AAR. Like some my first love was the ACW and I love gaming it out but had felt for board games it began and ended with the fabulous GCACW series and for computer games, which I have little time for general but absoutely LOVE the Talonsoft Battleground Civil War series which is the only computer wargame I own and still do play. I really wasn't sure how well this might play and even though the temptation has been there, and some have really pushed me to try it, I held off on it. Even knowing that CH generally does a really good job taking the system out of WW2 to other conflicts.

I might just have to give it a try now. Thanks on one hand.. and a fuck you (on behalf of the checking account haha) on the other hand.