E1.411 Cloaking Counters

buser333

Reaction score
Are Cloaking counters allocated per squad equivalent FRU or FRD? For the life of me I cannot find a rule reference for this. Any guidance is appreciated.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Are Cloaking counters allocated per squad equivalent FRU or FRD? For the life of me I cannot find a rule reference for this. Any guidance is appreciated.
A squad equivalent is 2 x HS/crew or 1 HS/crew + 5 SMC. My strict reading of the E1.411 text is that it must be a full squad equivalent, IE FRD, to gain a Cloaking Counter. I think if they wanted FRU they would have put an explicit FRU in there. Another consideration is that a lot of Chapter H allocations are done on the basis of whole squads, with fractions ignored.

That works out a bit unfair for crews as typically they either would man their Gun/SW alone and in combination with a Gun have a stacking equivalency of a full squad.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The rule says:
"He is allotted one Cloaking counter for each squad-equivalent in his OB, either at start or (separately) as reinforcements."

Since you can't get half-a cloaking counter for a HS - it is for all intents and purposes, FRD.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The rule says:
"He is allotted one Cloaking counter for each squad-equivalent in his OB, either at start or (separately) as reinforcements."

Since you can't get half-a cloaking counter for a HS - it is for all intents and purposes, FRD.
I cut a bunch of "?" in half for exactly this purpose. Just to mix it up, I cut some vertically, some horizontally, and some diagonally left and right.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
No slice parallel to the base?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cut them edgewise , just like Japanese customs occasionally does.