Berserker Task Check.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After shooting badly all turn on a fortified building, an Same hex Stuart attained a 3MC on a fortified building. There was a 9-1 leader and he went Beserk after HOB. On the subsequent attempt to transform the three units in the building into Beserker units, one of themselves rolled snake-eyes. I assume that this has no consequence because this a task check. Also Steve argues that the Beserker 9-1 Rumanian leader could still use his leader modification in regard to the subsequent three MCs on the units. This seems dubious to me. Tim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He gets to use his modifier as they all take the MC together do he's not quite berserk.
Rolling a 2 on the berserk TC is irrelevant. It's a TC.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does the Beserker leader can to use the leader modifer afterward. I think not because he is not in good order. Tim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They check morale from that attack and then do the berserk TC, thennthe leader forfeits his modifier. Last sentence.

15.41 LEADER CONSEQUENCES: When a leader goes berserk, he must (after first resolving any fire attack vs any other targets in that Location) attempt to change any [EXC: units not normally subject to Heat of Battle] other friendly units (even if broken or not subject to that same attack) in the same Location to berserk status also. Each such unit must take a NTC subject to the berserk leader's modification. If they pass the Berserk TC they become berserk; if not, there is no change to their status. After the Berserk TC, the leader forfeits his leadership DRM until he returns to normal

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this case, Don and I were correct. We did not have time to read the rule at the game. It's a good idea to reinforce my existing knowledge. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An issue will come up in the next Rumanian/German rally phase. Does the Beserk 9-1 Rumanian have the ability to rally units? We understand that it loses its modification ability. Tim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
An issue will come up in the next Rumanian/German rally phase. Does the Beserk 9-1 Rumanian have the ability to rally units? We understand that it loses its modification ability. Tim
Per a q&a:

q&a said:
A15.41 Can an already-Berserk leader attempt to rally broken units with no leadership DRM, or are all leadership capabilities forfeited?
A. He can try to rally them. [Letter8]
JR