Desperation Morale website down.....but for how long?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
down at the moment so hopefully just a temporary thing.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It would be bad news indeed.
But if this is linked with Mark having a lot of work with the ADL, it can be comforting to know that racists are opposed and that people are informed about white supremacist activities.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure there is a cost with hosting this site. I would not blame him if he took it down forever. Also, I've never understood why Mark got so much crap around here. I really miss his presence on this forum.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I'm sure there is a cost with hosting this site. I would not blame him if he took it down forever. Also, I've never understood why Mark got so much crap around here. I really miss his presence on this forum.
Some of us contributed financially to the last version of his site.
As for the level of hate, I don't understand why it is so high: Mark is far from being the worst guy around here - but there must be triggers in some people minds which go off with him but not with other posters.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can absolutely understand why he withdrew from here. He deals with hatred and some quite insane attitudes in his daily life. He just did not want to have to deal with them here. When you are being called too sensitive for pointing out the effect of normalizing the fetishitistic praise for certain units when you have seen the effect this can have, you might want go step away and keep your hobby "clean"

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
His reviews were decisive in making some of my purchasing decisions...he was factual as well as opinionated, thus you could read beneath his disappointment with most CH products and find out if they were actually must-haves.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I often found him quite annoying and overly opinionated, but nearly always worth reading and considering. As for DM, once you adjusted to and allowed for his strong words his reviews were quite, often very, useful.

His opinions were a bit too absolutist for my taste, but a bit like someone's grating voice, you learnt to filter that out and digest the useful data.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stanledo likes Holst too. Now if he could only get those two big lugs to look past their petty quibbles and realize how alike they really are.

JR
But I thought Holst does not like Stanledo?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I like Mark but he did take a very high self opinion a bit too much at times .?