Captured Tank and SD.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My 237 Soviet half squad has taken command of an immobilized Panzer 3J. Can he work the SD? Are there negative modifiers for my half squads inexperience? I am considering using the depleted SMOKE to mask the movement of my infantry into and around the hex. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I understand the use of the SD by a tank, this devise is used during the movement phase. May I also prep fire the 50L before I use the SD? Tim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
My 237 Soviet half squad has taken command of an immobilized Panzer 3J. Can he work the SD? Are there negative modifiers for my half squads inexperience? I am considering using the depleted SMOKE to mask the movement of my infantry into and around the hex.
There is no penalty for captured use or non-qualified use for a sD. There probably ought to be, but there isn't.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If I understand the use of the SD by a tank, this devise is used during the movement phase. May I also prep fire the 50L before I use the SD?
You can't fire in the PFPh and move in the MPh. The use of a sD requires the expenditure of a MP during the player's turn.

JR

Last edited:

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So if the Immobilized tank cannot move, then it cannot use a SD? Just considering my options for the coming turn. Tim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So if the Immobilized tank cannot move, then it cannot use a SD? Just considering my options for the coming turn.
An immobilized vehicle may not expend a start MP [D8.1]. It may expend movement for "non-movement" purposes per D8.5.

JR

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I place a Bounding Fire counter on the tank, (not sure that I can do this,) can I cancel and still use the SD? I think not, but just asking. I desperately want to run a 9-1, and two engineers past a potential snap shot of 6+0. I hope to break the fortified building stack of 12 factors and an 8-1 leader with a a 24+4 in the prep fire phase. Just planning. Tim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If I place a Bounding Fire counter on the tank, (not sure that I can do this,) can I cancel and still use the SD?
Are you placing a Bounding Fire counter during the PFPh to indicate Opportunity Fire [A7.25] (which is a rules-endorsed mis-use of a counter)? Vehicles may not use Opportunity Fire.

If you fire the tank in the PFPh, you can perform no MPh actions. If you don't fire in the PFPh, then during the MPh attempt sD then fire as bounding first fire. If you fire first, you can't attempt sD after. Fire of the vehicle's ordnance would be affected by bounding first fire DRM as well as non-qualified and captured use, plus possibly the Smoke if the sD is successful. Fire by the vehicle's MGs would be halved for bounding first fire, plus possibly affected by the Smoke from the sD.

JR

Last edited: