ASL Open Updates?

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lots of good players with one or two losses. Going into final round, Curtis Brooks is the only 5-0. Wes Vaughn at 4-1 is trying to play spoiler. But Curtis may have it locked up on points anyway. Wes has the Russians in Urban Guerillas.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lots of good players with one or two losses. Going into final round, Curtis Brooks is the only 5-0. Wes Vaughn at 4-1 is trying to play spoiler. But Curtis may have it locked up on points anyway. Wes has the Russians in Urban Guerillas.
Good luck, Curtis!

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Good luck, Curtis!
(ERROR CORRECTED, USED UNOFFICIAL LIST)
  1. Curtis B
  2. Wes V
  3. Mark D
  4. Rich D
  5. Robert B
  6. Dave G
  7. Magnus R
  8. Doug K
  9. Bob B
  10. Jeff D
Clarifications:

3.DeVries
5.Banozic
8.Kirk
9.Bends
10.DeYoung
(Sorry if I gave your last name and you felt it was self evident ???).

Last edited:

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice to see this continuing to do well and to draw some of the best guys around. Always hoping to attend, but those 9,370 miles (as the Boeing/AirBus flies) get in the way.

Gratz to all those who were lucky enough to attend.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations to Buzzsaw Brooks for an excellent run. Thanks to all my opponents: Jim Wiseman, Jeff DeYoung, Magnus Rimval, Bob Bendis, Wes Vaughn, and Rich Spilkey. I felt fortunate in only losing two. Magnus just diced the hell out of me while my dice took a vacation. My most enjoyable game was Death to Fascism against Wes Vaughn. Had it not been for rolling a twelve on a 30+2 on the last turn, I wouild have pulled this one out with the Rumanians. I don't think that Wes and I have ever played that it didn't go down to the last half turn. I'll seek my revenge in St. Louis as this loss kept me out of playing Curtis in the final round. And, lastly, thanks to David Goldman for his tireless efforts in running a flawless tournament. See some of you in St' Louis and the rest of you at ASLOK.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a great time.

Posted an AAR in proper section.

Thanks David!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not my best outing by far, but probably one of the most enjoyable tournaments I can remember. A great bunch of guys especially my budds from MI, Mark Devries (Congrats treadhead!), Jeff DeYoung (wish you would have thrown in the towel rather than stick it out to come back to trounce me) and Larry Zoet (Pitty you having to ride back with that bunch), also Dave Goldman always provides an outstanding venue. Great to finally meet Magnus and hope he had a safe journey home (Magnus - Curtis was actually pretty low key an the way back and I could almost put up with him on the way home:whistle:). I always enjoy seeing Dave Ginnard, Bob Bendis, Wes Vaughn, Rob Banozic and many other ASL friends as well as playing a host of great players that I have not had a chance to sit down face to face with peviosuly.

EDIT: [And I must add Bendis' traveling partner, ASL extraordinaire 'Stanlito"]

Last edited:

wesvaughn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was great seeing all of my ASL Companions for a fun weekend of gaming. Like always, Dave Goldman put on another great tournament. Playing Face to Face always beats VASL and Congrats to Mr.Brooks for the Tournament win.