Hatten idle chit drawn previous CG day

joee

Volunteer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I chose a idle chit draw previous day, does the previous day purchases still have to enter along with current day's purchases or can they be setup on board.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Per CG8, "All RGs purchased on the current CG Day [EXC: "G"-type RG], as well as Retained units voluntarily held off-map as reinforcements, enter on/after Turn 1 during that scenario." RGs purchased on a previous day are not required to enter, regardless of how the days have passed, but may be held off-map voluntarily.

JR

joee

Volunteer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you JR for your reply. Not sure you fully understood my question, excuse me if not clear.
I know purchases are not required to enter, but any unit that wants to be setup on map at start of a next CG Day, must have entered that previous day, and been on-board when that previous CG day ended.

When both sides choose an idle chit, the purchases on the idle day (both sides) become retained. Unlike Red Barricades, these retained units are not available for on map setup, but have to enter the board to be in play. CG9 Retained RG rule explains a retained RG (whole or part) not entering-play/used during a CG scenario, is still available for the next CG scenario. I understand it is available, but cannot locate in rules that one can assume that they can be setup on-map at beginning of the next CG scenario.

per CG8 current day purchases and retained units must enter on/after turn 1 along with following day's current new purchases.

My current Hatten opponent feels he can do on map setup of previous day retained units, I just do not see that stated in rules.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I know purchases are not required to enter, but any unit that wants to be setup on map at start of a next CG Day, must have entered that previous day, and been on-board when that previous CG day ended.
Do you have a rule for that? Per HF3.6214 Retained units may be set up in non-Isolated friendly Perimeter Area Locations. There is no additional proviso that the unit Retained had to have entered the map. There is also no box on the Force Organizer for Retained units that have not entered the map, only one box for retained units. As you say "the purchases on the idle day (both sides) become retained." The only limits I am aware of is that 1) some RGs cannot be set up on map on the date purchased, as I said, and 2) AFVs may be limited and/or have to enter from off-board per the HF3.6214 table. I see no rule that says that a unit must enter the board nor be on the board when the CG day ended. See also the definition of Retained in HF3.2: all "units/Equipment in a side's OB that are available for on-map/off-map setup in the next CG scenario."

JR

joee

Volunteer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. Makes sense now that I bring in HF 3.6214