Cav with buildings and charge Q's

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
After reading the cav rules I am confused about 3 issues.

The first is buildings.

Given that cav cannot enter a building (presumably) and only bypass it if it contains broken or concealed units the only attack option is charge.

HOW does this occur ?

I am not concerned about the various FP components, I just want to know how a charge can develop.

Next is CC

Given that both horses and MMC survive in the example below is it possible for ( in any combination) for either as cav or dismounted to be in the
same hex as the German unit(s) for the CC Phase.

cav for asl.PNG

Lastly,

Given the massive amount of MP to cav ( also dependent on the answers above) is it possible to after completing the "first mission" to just continue whatever MF remain and skirt the building so as to mount further charges.

I realize the above is Zarathustra superman stuff but I want to iron out the technique of what is allowed in this situation.

Thanks

Sorry for this rather complex Q.. There should be a picture to clarify some of the situation described....

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
After reading the cav rules I am confused about 3 issues.

The first is buildings.

Given that cav cannot enter a building (presumably) and only bypass it if it contains broken or concealed units the only attack option is charge.

HOW does this occur ?
Charge is not possible, because you can't enter a building on horseback. That also answers your next question.

Given the massive amount of MP to cav ( also dependent on the answers above) is it possible to after completing the "first mission" to just continue whatever MF remain and skirt the building so as to mount further charges.
In general, you can charge as often as your MF allow.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't think you can charge in bypass. I know you cannot gallop in bypass.

In general, don't be on a horse when someone can shoot at you

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yup you need to gallop to charge so you cant go into bypass.

Cavalry may Charge a Known-enemy-occupied Location, provided it declares a Charge vs that Location while in the LOS of and at a range of ≥ three hexes from it, is Galloping (or declares a Gallop) when it declares the Charge, can Gallop into that Location, and pays three MF (simultaneously with the cost to

Galloping Cavalry may not Bypass