ASL producers I will never play or buy from again.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, having just played Java 14 Rossino and it being an unbalanced dog, as with many LC products, I think its time to stop purchasing from this guy. I think maybe one in scenario in each of his scenario packs might be balanced, but on the whole most of his stuff is just badly edited and playtested garbage. LC is the modern Paul Kinney of ASL lol

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, having just played Java 14 Rossino and it being an unbalanced dog, as with many LC products, I think its time to stop purchasing from this guy. I think maybe one in scenario in each of his scenario packs might be balanced, but on the whole most of his stuff is just badly edited and playtested garbage. LC is the modern Paul Kinney of ASL lol

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I have played alot of LC products, most are horribly unbalanced but there are a few gems but not alot. So JR when was the last time you played an LC scenario? was it balanced? Was free of bad edits? I know you think your funny but I think of you as very unfunny.

That's it, Scott. Let it out. Show that you're man enough to take a bitter loss by blaming someone else.

JR

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dude, please stick to publishing your crappy looking counters for idiots that buy everything.
If you are refering to Lone Canuck publishing, then you obviously are very biased :) I have played most of his stuff and they are awesome...maybe you should take up knitting or something else to ease the pain :p

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well it is an ASL for Fun scenario that he is putting out there for us for free. As George says:

there are some projects that just don't quite fit the mould for a scenario or campaign game - be they too big for a scenario, too little for a campaign game, or need a special map made for a scenario. Sometimes I just brainstorm up an idea and then design something for my local group of ASL enthusiasts to enjoy. For the most part, these scenarios are played once or twice and then are pack up and stored away in a closet, never to see the light of day again.

There is no promise of balance or anything else except that he tried to be historically accurate. If you don't like it fine, but its an experiment that didn't cost you a dime. No reason to go off

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well it is an ASL for Fun scenario that he is putting out there for us for free. As George says:

there are some projects that just don't quite fit the mould for a scenario or campaign game - be they too big for a scenario, too little for a campaign game, or need a special map made for a scenario. Sometimes I just brainstorm up an idea and then design something for my local group of ASL enthusiasts to enjoy. For the most part, these scenarios are played once or twice and then are pack up and stored away in a closet, never to see the light of day again.

There is no promise of balance or anything else except that he tried to be historically accurate. If you don't like it fine, but its an experiment that didn't cost you a dime. No reason to go off
Perhaps this thread should get its own subreddit r/entitledaslplayers.

Exhibit one: Scott, declaring that he will no longer purchase free scenarios...

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OMG..................................When a picture says everything..............................priceless

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, if you do a search in the AAR section, I have been very positive about LC but the problem is, just way too many of his scenarios, be it free or purchased just are not well balanced for tourney fare. In a non tourney situation, I have no problem playing them, in a Tourney situation, no way jose will I touch those scenarios with a 10 foot pole.

scott
If you are refering to Lone Canuck publishing, then you obviously are very biased :) I have played most of his stuff and they are awesome...maybe you should take up knitting or something else to ease the pain :p

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Footstool; when was the last time you even played ASL? Now go back to making your crappy looking counters for idiots that buy everything and let the people who play this game converse about the merits and demerits of LC.

Perhaps this thread should get its own subreddit r/entitledaslplayers.

Exhibit one: Scott, declaring that he will no longer purchase free scenarios...

View attachment 7901

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Footstool; when was the last time you even played ASL? Now go back to making your crappy looking counters for idiots that buy everything and let the people who play this game converse about the merits and demerits of LC.
Scott, your cavalcade of rants and insults are comedy gold. Please keep it up. I love free entertainment.

I owe you neither explanation nor justification. Your petty jabs fail to even blemish my existential bliss.

Please, I wish you a nice day, as you have brought merriment to mine.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Scott, your cavalcade of rants and insults are comedy gold. Please keep it up. I love free entertainment.

I owe you neither explanation nor justification. Your petty jabs fail to even blemish my existential bliss.

Please, I wish you a nice day, as you have brought merriment to mine.
Hey!

Well stated. Us real gunner officers know the best place to site your artillery is on the moral high ground. Keep making those crappy looking counters for us idiots that buy everything. I am proud to be part of that crowd!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Well, I have played alot of LC products, most are horribly unbalanced but there are a few gems but not alot. So JR when was the last time you played an LC scenario? was it balanced? Was free of bad edits? I know you think your funny but I think of you as very unfunny.
You're rignt. I now realize now how wrong I was. I thought I could be funny, but that is your thing and for that I abjectly apologize.

JR

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Oh and the ASL Scenario Archive has been down for three days...more gloom and doom, we are all born to die!