Snoohiewoofer and a 12

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...If the sN fails its usage number, can the vehicle immediately use another CC weapon in this sequential attack (like it could use another ammo type if it didn't have special ammo), or is its sequential attack done and the enemy player now gets to make an attack?
I am thinking no, since per A11.622 if the IFT DR of the sN is > Usage Number there "is no effect":
"No To Hit DR is necessary, but if the Original IFT DR is > its Usage Number there is no effect (see D13.34). "

So it does not say explicitly that the attack did not occur.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
CC with vehicles is sequential and attacks alternate. If the sN fails its usage number, can the vehicle immediately use another CC weapon in this sequential attack (like it could use another ammo type if it didn't have special ammo), or is its sequential attack done and the enemy player now gets to make an attack?

JR
Excellent question!

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am thinking no, since per A11.622 if the IFT DR of the sN is > Usage Number there "is no effect":
"No To Hit DR is necessary, but if the Original IFT DR is > its Usage Number there is no effect (see D13.34). "

That would be my thinking, too.

von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've always thought it was a sad oversight that Snoogiewoofers couldn't malf. I mean, c'mon. I know they were German-made, but everything malfs once in a while. And hey, we'd need a new counter for that.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I've always thought it was a sad oversight that Snoogiewoofers couldn't malf. I mean, c'mon. I know they were German-made, but everything malfs once in a while. And hey, we'd need a new counter for that.
You could extend your comment to the other smoke dispensers.

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

So in turn, the 12 could allow the infantry to withdraw them and there?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, you would fire a Gun on a DR of 12. So there is good reason to argue the same for a sN.

von Marwitz
That's a joke. It is a usage number, roll over it and nothing happens.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It is a usage number, roll over it and nothing happens.
That is at least true when attempting to place Smoke during the MPh - it is less clear (IMO) when making a HE attack during the CCPh. The rules then say "there is no effect" - not that the attack did not happen and the vehicle gets to make another attack before possibly being attacked itself again. Could be worth a Q&A I guess.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would tend to the opposite as this IFT DR occurs in the context of CC.
IMO it occurs in the context of the CCPh - not in the context of CC. Plus I don't think my units should be able to Withdraw just because my vehicle rolls 12 on a sN DR.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is at least true when attempting to place Smoke during the MPh - it is less clear (IMO) when making a HE attack during the CCPh. The rules then say "there is no effect" - not that the attack did not happen and the vehicle gets to make another attack before possibly being attacked itself again. Could be worth a Q&A I guess.
I see the two as essentially the same since there is no weapon I can think of that you can attack twice with in the CC phase. In keeping with the spirit of COWTRA, they do not allow multiple SN DR in the CC phase, so one and done. Should the condition occur again in another CC phase, you could always try again.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I see the two as essentially the same since there is no weapon I can think of that you can attack twice with in the CC phase. In keeping with the spirit of COWTRA, they do not allow multiple SN DR in the CC phase, so one and done. Should the condition occur again in another CC phase, you could always try again.
When I wrote "make another attack" I was referring to an CC attack with e.g., the CMG/AAMG - not the sN again.