Hattten: No Inherent Driver for the SPW251/2?

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Hatten In Flames, rule HF7 says the SPW251/2 (and the SPW251/sMG) "may begin (i.e., set-up/enter) a scenario with the specified Weapon Removed and, for the SPW251/2, Abandoned." German vehicle note 59 for the SPW251/2 says the 81* MTR "is removed dm (A9.8), leaving the vehicle with an inherent driver." Does HF7 mean that there is no inherent driver for this vehicle, despite the vehicle note?

StevenMiller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This appears to be another rule confusion with the Hatten module. You may have to ask Perry. However, based on my past experience with CG's, I would guess the Hatten rule overrides the vehicle note and there is no inherent driver.

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
This appears to be another rule confusion with the Hatten module. You may have to ask Perry. However, based on my past experience with CG's, I would guess the Hatten rule overrides the vehicle note and there is no inherent driver.
Hi .... Mr Miller is correct ...

(As per HF7) ... if you begin a scenario with the 81mm Removed from the SPW251/2, then this vehicle is marked with an Abandoned counter.

If you remove the 81mm during play, German vehicle note 59 applies (inherent driver ...).

By way of background from a game design perspective, the purpose of the HF7 (Scrouging et al) and HF8 (AFV abandonment) is to better reflect the historical usage of armored vehicles. That is, the armored infantry in Hatten didn't rock up to the Hatten-Rittershoffen villages, strip all of their weaponry from their vehicles and give it to the supporting infantry. Furthermore, stripped down half-tracks didn't camp behind enemy positions ('in motion') in order to take advantage of the rout rules.

Andy Rogers

StevenMiller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi .... Mr Miller is correct ...

(As per HF7) ... if you begin a scenario with the 81mm Removed from the SPW251/2, then this vehicle is marked with an Abandoned counter.

If you remove the 81mm during play, German vehicle note 59 applies (inherent driver ...).

By way of background from a game design perspective, the purpose of the HF7 (Scrouging et al) and HF8 (AFV abandonment) is to better reflect the historical usage of armored vehicles. That is, the armored infantry in Hatten didn't rock up to the Hatten-Rittershoffen villages, strip all of their weaponry from their vehicles and give it to the supporting infantry. Furthermore, stripped down half-tracks didn't camp behind enemy positions ('in motion') in order to take advantage of the rout rules.

Andy Rogers

StevenMiller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So what would happen to the HT and its driver if the mortar is unloaded and then the mortar is captured or disabled? Is it still available in the next CG day?