AAR - Liehr Launches First - HF4

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Played this against Jim Thompson. He was the Americans.

My attack on the left was doing poorly due to heavy defensive fire. I had the tanks helping on the right, but lost a Panther early to a HIP M-10. American firepower was breaking my squads. At one point, I was down to two GO squads.

One issue for the Americans is that they can't set up in many of the victory buildings. Mid-game, they were engaged against infantry, and some were dealing with tanks, so they weren't able to drop back. I was able to run a HS around the flank to take a building in the rear, then a couple more. All of the M-10s were destroyed, but I was down to just one Panther.

The last turn, I was able to run a couple guys around the left flank - by now, I had eliminated a lot of the American infantry. I was able to take several of the back buildings. The Germans need 6 points to win. I had 7, but picked up 4 of those on my last turn.

Fun scenario. 9 - 9 on ROAR.

M-10 thWUHQ30W4.jpg

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Captain Obvious here, but that looks like a cold ride.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I just finished this one on VASL against Steve Dedier the other night. Lost as the American. A brutally fun scenario - one of the best I've played in a long time. Hatten has been a great module, IMO.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this a couple of weeks ago - winning as the Americans. My tactic was to keep the two HIP M-10's covering the buildings across the street at the intersection. I was brought back a leader and 2 1/2 squads to cover those buildings. The M-10's first target was always to be infantry of possible and only fired on tanks where there was a good chance of destroying them. The game was decided when I had a broken 6-6-6 w omg and a 9-1 Leader on my left flank on T4. The Germans moved up two squads and a leader in the adjacent building and a PvIV. My first shot from the HIP M-10 broke the 2 squads, the rate shot took out the PzIV this forcing the Germans to rout and allowing me not to rout.

This is a very fun and good scenario. If I play the germans I would consider sending units wide on the German right using the hedges to protect them from shots by the US, but also maintaining a presence in the middle to delay the US covering them when they come out from behind the hedges. My defense in my game took this into account. One of my M-10's set with it's TCS facing that flank and the other was aiming that way anyway.