Bounding First Fire Question

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I am in the process of transitioning into ASL from ASLSK, I often refer back to the ASLSK RB to get a basic understanding of a rule / principle before delving into it in full ASL wording. In doing so, I have come upon two SK rules that I can't "square the circle" with in full ASL.

The rules deals with MG usage during Bounding First Fire.

Specifically in:

Section 3.3.2.2 {Bounding First Fire} "A vehicle that did not exhaust its ROF may fire again as Bounding First Fire after expending another MP but all other Weapons must be fired from the same HEX as the first MA shot."

7.8 {Vehicular Machine Guns / IFE Fire} ….. "In its MPh, a vehicle may fire its weapons only from the same HEX, unless the MG retains ROF."

With the definition of Weapon being: "Weapon: Either a Support Weapon (1.2.4), a Gun (1.2.6), or an AFV's MA (7.2) or MG (7.8)."

Are there corresponding rule(s) in full ASL that limit Bounding First Fire MG usage in the same / similar manner to the HEX?

Thanks,
Velo

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yes, D3.51:
"...Once any vehicular weapon fires, its other weapons may fire in that phase only from that same hex [EXC: OVR; and MA retaining a Multiple ROF may fire again from another hex if the previous shot(s) were Bounding First Fire]."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I am in the process of transitioning into ASL from ASLSK, I often refer back to the ASLSK RB to get a basic understanding of a rule / principle before delving into it in full ASL wording. In doing so, I have come upon two SK rules that I can't "square the circle" with in full ASL.

The rules deals with MG usage during Bounding First Fire.

Specifically in:

Section 3.3.2.2 {Bounding First Fire} "A vehicle that did not exhaust its ROF may fire again as Bounding First Fire after expending another MP but all other Weapons must be fired from the same HEX as the first MA shot."

7.8 {Vehicular Machine Guns / IFE Fire} ….. "In its MPh, a vehicle may fire its weapons only from the same HEX, unless the MG retains ROF."

With the definition of Weapon being: "Weapon: Either a Support Weapon (1.2.4), a Gun (1.2.6), or an AFV's MA (7.2) or MG (7.8)."

Are there corresponding rule(s) in full ASL that limit Bounding First Fire MG usage in the same / similar manner to the HEX?

Thanks,
Velo
In your 7.8 reference, you may be mixing up "...unless the MG retains ROF." with MA. Perhaps this is a misprint in the rules section of ASLSK but unless the MG is the MA of the AFV, any other MGs on an AFV (BMG/CMG/AAMG) have no ROF to the best of my recollection (there may well be some in the total ASL inventory and noted as such in Chapter H notes, but I seriously doubt it or if so that they would be included an an ASLSK presentation). Hopefully the MG reference was a misprint by you and had not entered into your thought process as this would certainly take you down a dark and foreboding path.:nod:

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In your 7.8 reference, you may be mixing up "...unless the MG retains ROF." with MA. Perhaps this is a misprint in the rules section of ASLSK but unless the MG is the MA of the AFV, any other MGs on an AFV (BMG/CMG/AAMG) have no ROF to the best of my recollection (there may well be some in the total ASL inventory and noted as such in Chapter H notes, but I seriously doubt it or if so that they would be included an an ASLSK presentation). Hopefully the MG reference was a misprint by you and had not entered into your thought process as this would certainly take you down a dark and foreboding path.:nod:
Eagle4ty,

Indeed a typo on my part; should have been MA not MG.

Thanks,
Velo

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, D3.51:
"...Once any vehicular weapon fires, its other weapons may fire in that phase only from that same hex [EXC: OVR; and MA retaining a Multiple ROF may fire again from another hex if the previous shot(s) were Bounding First Fire]."
Based on your answer (rule cited above), I believe I have been playing Bounding First Fire horribly wrong :eek:

What I have been doing is described below:

During my MPh, a moving AFV stops, fires BMG as BFF; starts; moves to a new hex(es); stops again; fires as BFF, CMG at Target A (within TCA) and then MA at Target B (also within TCA); MA loses ROF; AFV starts and finishes MPh into new hex.

Have I been totally screwing this up? Sure looks like it based on ASLSK rules and reading D3.51.

Velo

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on your answer (rule cited above), I believe I have been playing Bounding First Fire horribly wrong :eek:

What I have been doing is described below:

During my MPh, a moving AFV stops, fires BMG as BFF; starts; moves to a new hex(es); stops again; fires as BFF, CMG at Target A (within TCA) and then MA at Target B (also within TCA); MA loses ROF; AFV starts and finishes MPh into new hex.

Have I been totally screwing this up? Sure looks like it based on ASLSK rules and reading D3.51.

Velo
Yup!;)