German/Finnish 1/2-Inch Maj von Schueff - From What Product?

Earl_8minus0

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Country
llSouth Korea
Hello Team

Busy sorting out my old counters as I prepare for the new bolder/clear font counters.

Have lost a few over the years to combat and while I morn their loss this one doesn't have a home that I can find.

I have a SMC/Leader German/Finnish in color and stance with the rank/name of Maj von Schueff and a rating of 10-3.

Anyone know what product this might be from - as I have pretty much all AH/MMP and most of the older TPP products.

I have also found 4 SMC/Heros from G.I. Anvil of Victory - so maybe he also belongs in the SL family but I can't find him in any of the counter scans on BGG.

Than again the counter scan for Squad Leader isn't all the clear but I don't think he is from CoI, CoD, or GI-AoV.

Any help you can provide on linking this guy up with his family/product would go a long way in helping me with my counter sorting disorder.

Thanks in advance,

Earl

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A CoI, CoD, or GI-AoV leader would not have an encased broken morale.
And I don't think that a 10-3 would be clothed as an officer (with a cap and a pistol rather than a helmet and a SMG).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Now that Hutch has answered the question, I might add, that this Major von Schoff is greatly overrated with his 10-3 designation. He was in my class at the Kriegsschule in Dresden and could not even tell a Domaine de la Romanée-Conti apart from a Château Lafite-Rothschild. Yet it is I that have a 6+1 thrown at me. Unspeakable!

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that Hutch has answered the question, I might add, that this Major von Schoff is greatly overrated with his 10-3 designation. He was in my class at the Kriegsschule in Dresden and could not even tell a Domaine de la Romanée-Conti apart from a Château Lafite-Rothschild. Yet it is I that have a 6+1 thrown at me. Unspeakable!

von Marwitz
Maybe, just maybe if you had paid as much attention back in Dresden to your scenario cards as you did with your RACCO and wine bottles, you would have made Gefrieter. Just saying'. Still you have the EK Herr Major does not, and that makes his schnapps taste bitter.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I have little doubt that our valiant ally Commissar Beria will soon educate Herr Oberst on the finer things in life and he will appreciate the subtle different grades of Siberian Salt just by eye alone.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Maybe, just maybe if you had paid as much attention back in Dresden to your scenario cards as you did with your RACCO and wine bottles, you would have made Gefrieter. Just saying'. Still you have the EK Herr Major does not, and that makes his schnapps taste bitter.
I am made to command, mein Herr. Give command to a Gefreiter and things will go down the drain. Badly.
Thus I am better off as Oberst as I have imbibed the old values of Prussia just as my EK testifies. I would imbibe EKs if I could, but as that is impossible, I resort to champagne and happily leave that Major von Schoff to his bitter Schapps. He'd probably believe it is champagne if I told him so.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have little doubt that our valiant ally Commissar Beria will soon educate Herr Oberst on the finer things in life and he will appreciate the subtle different grades of Siberian Salt just by eye alone.
Bah! If the Kommissarbefehl will not take care of Beria, I am convinced the Russians will do so themselves eventually.

von Marwitz

Earl_8minus0

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Country
llSouth Korea
Thanks Guys

I knew if anyone could figure this out it would be all of you.

I think my problem was the "Complete Armour Nationalities" listing I was looking at for Germany had the Para 10-3 Leaders after the BV 1, 2, 3 10-2 Leaders.

Plus I was looking at a Counter Scan from Para 2nd Edition when I have the counters from Para 1st Edition and the spelling/font are not the same.

THANKS again for the information.

Later,

Earl 8minus0

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

von Marwitz
Now that we are back in Biaritz Herr Oberst, i have to say: My Kriegsschule is called Stalingrad. And by the way, Herr Oberst remebers the day in the Werkshalle I of the Rote Barrikade ? I catched the bullet which had written your name on it for you. Earned me the black Verwundetenabzeichen and you the Eisernes Kreuz.