CH Annual No 4 - A Overview Analysis

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
that seems to be the nature of CH threads isn't it.

I did learn what a sock puppet is though so the thread was a win for me...

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
It is interesting to note that more space has been spent discussing Scott's comment than was taken up by the original review.
quite normal around here. More time is spent bickering then discussing. I think that's why several of these guys come here.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But getting back to the topic. I like the 4th Annual and am really looking forward to the the 5th one which focuses on Arab-Israeli wars.
The problem I have with CH's AIW stuff is the entry cost. It requires both Genesis III and Magach 73. That is a pretty steep climb even with the 30% emailer discount.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem I have with CH's AIW stuff is the entry cost. It requires both Genesis III and Magach 73. That is a pretty steep climb even with the 30% emailer discount.
Very true. I only have Genesis II and I bought Magach 73 and Uzi’s War. Very nice products. A little pricey but not too terrible if you get the preorder price and the discount code

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
how does Genesis II play William. I am sort of put off by the price to take a chance on a stinker.

How did you think the design, using ASL, translated to a 'modern' conflict?

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
how does Genesis II play William. I am sort of put off by the price to take a chance on a stinker.

How did you think the design, using ASL, translated to a 'modern' conflict?
I already had Genesis 48 but I am a sucker for the new color counters. Gen 48 okayed well and I am impressed with the move beyond to both 67 and 73. I was worried about Saggers and helos but both game well in my humble opinion

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

If I get Time (hope) and since Mark P is on extended long service leave (his opinion is much better than mine:clap:) - I am just about to get the set in the mail and Will try over July to both summarize the set and compare to previous Arab Israel sets (I even have originals!!)
I will also roll a few dice and do some solo play to test them - what does this tank do and how nasty is this anti-tank thing - so stay tuned - I have a "relative dog and Child Free week" coming so I hope to put it to better use than more WORK!!! (no new work projects was my new years resolution!) - On that topic of hope for peace I might even finish my three model tanks on the boil for 2+ years (90% done M36 - alas what diorama?, 50% littlie Italian tank and opened a Jag Tiger for interest)

Cheers

Rob :)

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I already had Genesis 48 but I am a sucker for the new color counters. Gen 48 okayed well and I am impressed with the move beyond to both 67 and 73. I was worried about Saggers and helos but both game well in my humble opinion

yeah it was the saggers/AT missiles specifically I had wondered if the rules/modeling could carry off. I've seen from other post ww2 designs that helos could be done fairly well. Thanks William!

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yeah it was the saggers/AT missiles specifically I had wondered if the rules/modeling could carry off. I've seen from other post ww2 designs that helos could be done fairly well. Thanks William!
I am really not particularly interested in the founding of Israel but rather the period of the late 50s through the 67 war. I would love to avoid purchasing Genesis II or III.