Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it's called a suggestion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Most of us don't know most of the data about MMP's business.
Quite logically, no serious analysis is possible.
And, by a way of consequence, no suggestion to improve it can be made - nor even if it can be improved at all.

I am glad to see that ASL is still alive and that MMP produces new scenario packs, HASL, etc.
I understand that having to wait for the reedition of OOP core modules can be annoying, but I presume that all expectations of all players cannot be met at the same time.

Last edited:

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it's called a suggestion. Nothing more, nothing less.
Didn't CH & Footsteps (here on GS) develop new Nationality counter art for ASL? I am pretty sure that they both did. I don't want to look it up but i thought that CH did winter counters also.

Why would MMP invest in this when they have so much else on their plate?

I am just asking...

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't CH & Footsteps (here on GS) develop new Nationality counter art for ASL? I am pretty sure that they both did. I don't want to look it up but i thought that CH did winter counters also.

Why would MMP invest in this when they have so much else on their plate?

I am just asking...
hahahah easy answer..

given a choice between buying CH and MMP. Which would anyone buy? :D

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
yeah but how many more black blob Shermans, Stugs etc does one need. I totally get including what is needed to play in the product but good god what an opportunity MMP is throwing away, and has IMO for years by ignoring the significant percentage of the playing population that cares as much about the counters as they do their maps. MMP does wonderful counters, for every damn game they print BUT for ASL. They can do it, and let me tell you, people will pay out the nose to have good colored, detailed, and evocative counters.

There are people literally wanting to throw money MMP's way, That money could be theirs, instead, it is going to others. I know I'm sort of going larger scope than merely your design here Andrew but yours is a perfect place for MMP to step out out a bit and go for it.

Include more standard Shermans or Stugs. Whoopty fking Doo. MMP take a first step, that most every single other producer has recognized, that modern counters sell and drive excitement.. now we are talking. I'd love to see MMP do something to upgrade their counters. I suppose I'm yapping in this thread because it is perfect place for them to do just that.

The fact is, ASL is only one of many product lines for MMP. They need to maintain all their lines to stay in business. They are doing a good job of supporting their take on ASL, and they have to to keep their license from Hasbro. If they started producing a line of new and improved counters 1. They'd be competing against theirvelderly line, 2. They'd be diverting their finances from other lines 3. They'd have the neverending problem that so many of their products are continuously going out of print that they'd end up with orphaned countersheets in inventory. A tremendous amount of ASL gaming today doesn't involve MMP maps, counters, or scenarios. MMP has to maintain a balance.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I per-ordered yesterday and I think I was around 965-ish on the que.
BTW why is anyone (who has been around for a while) engage with "sparky"? you all know who that really is.
And for those of you how don't...it's the same guy who creates a new account every few years and spouts the same garbage, dumb ass ideas, and reality arguments in minor variations just because they like to s%!t in the pounce bowl.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
BTW why is anyone (who has been around for a while) engage with "sparky"? you all know who that really is.
I was wondering that, too. Why uphold the fiction?

That said, I basically see no reason not to engage with "sparky". You can learn what he thinks.

von Marwitz

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
And for those of you how don't...it's the same guy who creates a new account every few years and spouts the same garbage, dumb ass ideas, and reality arguments in minor variations just because they like to s%!t in the pounce bowl.
Does this person have a name? I don't seem to be able to tell one tiresome individual apart from another these days, probably because they go on my "ignore" list once they hit a certain threshold, and so I lose the ability to identify any particular traits or styles.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that all of you are saying. in much more better-er english, what I was trying to says.
:rolleyes::D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You click on the user's name and it opens a window where you can choose "Ignore".