Mortars firing from Buildings

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Roofless by what rule? There is no such thing as a roofless building in standard ASL.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If designing a scenario for VotG one could simply refer to VotG Rule 7. GUTTED BUILDINGS (more explicitly 7.2 I believe) that states it's the same as Roofless Factory Hex/Location unless amended. If not designed for VotG a designer should make some reference as to how it's handled (as well as Gutted/roofless buildings in general).

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
V 7.7 INDIRECT FIRE: Indirect Fire vs a Roofless Location of a Gutted Building receives a +2 TEM (even if fortified). Indirect Fire (including non-SW mortars in upper-level Locations) is allowed from a Roofless location of a Gutted Building (but AA fire vs Aerial units is not). Indirect Fire vs a unit in a non-Roofless Location of a Gutted Building receives a +1 DRM for each non-rooftop level of the building above it.... thanks Sam Tyson

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
V 7.7 INDIRECT FIRE: Indirect Fire vs a Roofless Location of a Gutted Building receives a +2 TEM (even if fortified). Indirect Fire (including non-SW mortars in upper-level Locations) is allowed from a Roofless location of a Gutted Building (but AA fire vs Aerial units is not). Indirect Fire vs a unit in a non-Roofless Location of a Gutted Building receives a +1 DRM for each non-rooftop level of the building above it.... thanks Sam Tyson
If this is to be included in a coming LCP product I suggest not forcing us to have VOTG.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thanks to some posts here I don't think you are forced... ;)
What I meant was that I do not have VOTG and would prefer, if possible, to get a standalone product. Apart from core stuff off course.

English is not my native language so apologies if my reply was interpreted as negative.

/S

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I meant was that I do not have VOTG and would prefer, if possible, to get a standalone product. Apart from core stuff off course.

English is not my native language so apologies if my reply was interpreted as negative.

/S
No I did not read your reply as a 'negative'. My answer was to suggest that you just got the rule for "free" b/c some one posted it here for you. So you got a win, and don't need VotG (but I recommend the module highly.)