2018 Texas Team Tournament, June 28-July 1

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 2018 edition of the Texas Team Tournament (www.texas-asl.com) is gearing up for another great time! We are now up to 26 consecutive years of some of the best ASL times around.

We're just over 5 short months out, so with the start of the new year it is time to get that vacation time set aside and plan on making that trek to Austin the end of June. As always, we're the weekend after Father's Day, so we've made it easy to decide on a Father's Day gift this year!

We are planning various activities over the course of the weekend. I'll have the ever popular Ferocity Fest on Thursday, and I might have something else sponsored on for play, as well. So this will do a very nice job of filling up your Thursday with some great action. We'll feature things for guys interested in SK (there is an opportunity for a Decision at Elst, if anyone is interested), and you never know what playtest mini will be out there.

Now to the formalities:

Ours is an open tournament, so come play what you want, how much you want, with whom you want. Feel like trying that monster scenario? Here's your chance to immerse yourself in it for up to 4 days straight if you can handle it. Last year we had players fighting it out on the beaches of Normandy all weekend. Stay Tuned!

So on to the formalities...

Texas ASL is proud to present:
The 26th Annual Texas Team Tournament
Austin, TX June 28-July 1, 2018

Thursday 9am - Sunday 8pm

The Texas Team Tournament returns to our previous terrific venue. We are at the Wingate by Wyndam Conference Center in Round Rock in far north Austin.

1209 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512)341-7000
Fax: (512)341-7011

4-Day Registration $36
3-Day (Fri-Sun) Registration $31
Saturday Only Registration $21
Room Rates (tax not incl): $89
You will need to contact the hotel directly to reserve your room.
Make sure to mention you are associated with the "Texas ASL Club" to get the reduced room rate

Texas' Largest and Longest running ASL Tournament brings four full days of ASL nirvanna kicking off with a Thursday start.

Thursday will be an open gaming day and will not count towards the tournament standings. As always, Thursday games count towards the coveted Major Johnson award. Games related to the official tournament standings start Friday morning at 9AM.

For those looking for a little different head-on-head action, The ASL Team Tournament is pleased to announce our ever popular Thursday/Friday mini- tournament: Ferocity Fest. We'll also be sponsoring an ASLSK mini-tourney on Saturday, as well. ASLSK interest has been increasing every year, which is a great sign.

Remember to Pre-Register -- Besides you never know what goodies you might find in your pre-registration packet.

All the tournament details and more can be found at our Texas ASL website . Just follow the tournament links.

Rick

Last edited:

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Excellent, it doesn't clash with Double One, which means you have the opportunity to play in ASL tournaments on consecutive weekends

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As an open tournament, we offer players a unique opportunity to get a chance to play a larger scenario or even small CG that you might otherwise not have the opportunity to play. You can leave it set up, and even better, you can dedicate several days of focused play to it. So take advantage of the opportunity. I've got one request already for an opponent to play Decision at Elst over the weekend. If you are interested, let me know.

One thing that has been decided, in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad we are going to go old school for Ferocity Fest. We are going to play Sceanrio C, "The Streets of Stalingrad". I have had some great help from Rich Spilky in spicing up the scenario, and of course we'll have the usual 'ferocity' conditions that make Ferocity Fest such a blast to play.

It's never too early. So start planning now and your boss/wife won't have the excuse that you put in for the time off at the last minute.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, need folks' feedback on something. As I note above I am looking at The Streets of Stalingrad for Ferocity Fest on Thursday, but I am concerned that it might be a little too big to do for play that day. What are folks' opinions on how long Scenario C takes to play? Do we need to trim it back to perhaps the Tractor Works?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Ok, need folks' feedback on something. As I note above I am looking at The Streets of Stalingrad for Ferocity Fest on Thursday, but I am concerned that it might be a little too big to do for play that day. What are folks' opinions on how long Scenario C takes to play? Do we need to trim it back to perhaps the Tractor Works?
People should just play faster ;) -- jim

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Look forward to another trip to Austin, especially since authorities caught up with the bomber.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
26th Annual Texas Team Tourney Update

Summer is fast approaching and we are less than 3 months from the start of the best ASL times in Texas.

I'm getting details for this year firmed up and I'll be posting details as I finalize things. With the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad, Ferocity Fest will be going old school featuring the Streets of Stalingrad this year. Many thanks to Rich Spilky for helping out with getting this set up.

Thanks to Robert Hammond for the donation of some FTC4s. We'll be featuring one or more minis on Saturday with the pack as a prize. We'll also be featuring a BFP playtest mini on Saturday as well.

This year is turning into the weekend of the CG for a number of folks. Al King and Chris Brackney are going to give the long scenario from BFP's Objective:Schmidt over the weekend. Kevin Boles is looking for someone to play Decision at Elst over the tourney weekend, and Tom Barkley is looking for someone interested in playing RB over the weekend. For others looking to take advantage of the long weekend to play something epic, let me know and I'll put the word out for an opponent. In any case, if you are interested in getting in on any of these, let me know and I'll put you in touch with them.

Now's the time to get that preregistration in and make plans to attend. Make sure to join in the fun. Just head on over to www.texas-asl.com and follow the tourney links. You can register by mail or via PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit card).

Rick

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Flight and hotel are booked. Pre-registered and ready for some Texas sized ASL!

Rob

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tourney time in Austin is fast approaching. The preregistration window closes 4 weeks from today, and the first dice hit the cups in just short weeks (June 28 - July 1). Head on out to http://www.texas-asl.com to get registered and join all of the other cool folks listed.

This year we'll have a number of folks playing some all-weekend fare. There will be the 25 turn scenario, "Worst Place of Any" from Objective:Schmidt being played, it looks like some of George Kelln's smaller CGs will see some action, and I've got one request for an opponent to play Decision at Elst over the weekend. If you are interested in that one, let me know.

As an open tournament, we offer players a unique opportunity to get a chance to play a larger scenario or even small CG that you might otherwise not have the opportunity to play. You can leave it set up, and even better, you can dedicate several days of focused play to it. So take advantage of the opportunity.

In celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad we are going to go old school for Ferocity Fest. We are going to play Sceanrio C, "The Streets of Stalingrad". I have had some great help from Rich Spilky in spicing up the scenario, and of course we'll have the usual 'ferocity' conditions that make Ferocity Fest such a blast to play.

I've receive some ASL card decks from George Tournemire, so if folks would like to try some card driven ASL, here's your opportunity to kick the tires on that.

I'll have an LFT4 mini on Saturday as well as the ASLSK mini on Saturday. We'll probably throw in a BFP playtest mini as well over the weekend.

It's never too early. So start planning now and your boss/wife won't have the excuse that you put in for the time off at the last minute.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Update: Negotiations settled. Flight reservations made. Hotel reservations made. Packing has started. See you all in TX. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I meant in the negotiation phase...now that you have permission, yes by all means expedite. Good luck at the tourney.
I am going to have fun. Haven't played a lot of ASL lately. I love the Texas format. Highly encourage people to go it they can. -- jim

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We start things off just one month from today. Pre-registration window closes in 2 weeks (June 14th), so make sure to get onboard for all the fun. Head on over to www.texas-asl.com and get signed up today.