zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Using the A4.31 EX illustration:

May the 4-4-7 squad enter D4 in Bypass along the D4/C4 hexside, and then enter C4 for a total of 3 MF (1 for bypassing D4, 2 for the woods in C4)?

Yes.

....Perry

MMP

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That's an interesting one. Gotta have to keep this in mind.

Might be useful for dropping a SW in D4 before moving on to C4.

von Marwitz

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Seems most commonly useful for walking around expensive bocage, as per the source of the query.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Seems most commonly useful for walking around expensive bocage, as per the source of the query.
I've come to realize that I misunderstood the example:
You move into Bypass of the Building (1MF) and then enter the woods (2MF). I simply blended out the hedge that should (as I think now) cost 1MF extra to cross.

So (as I think now) making the same move with Bocage present should be even more expensive in MF.

Why should the unit be able to "beam through" hedges, walls, Bocage? I don't get the reasoning that could be behind it.
Am I missing something?

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You move into Bypass of the Building (1MF) and then enter the woods (2MF). I simply blended out the hedge that should (as I think now) cost 1MF extra to cross.

So (as I think now) making the same move with Bocage present should be even more expensive in MF.

Why should the unit be able to "beam through" hedges, walls, Bocage? I don't get the reasoning that could be behind it.
Am I missing something?
What hedge are you talking about? The A4.31 EX has a wall only, and the wall is across the D4-D5 hexside.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Am I missing something?
Not sure what you mean by "beam through" - for the hedge/wall case the the cost will most likely be the same.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Am I missing something?

von Marwitz
I think you misunderstand where the bocage would be, if it were in the example. If it were between D3/C4 (in the middle of the woods, I allow), then going around it via Bypass saves a MF. Right?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think you misunderstand where the bocage would be, if it were in the example. If it were between D3/C4 (in the middle of the woods, I allow), then going around it via Bypass saves a MF. Right?
You are right. Now I finally understand...
Thanks, pal.

von Marwitz