Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Arrrgh! These beasts are out for world-domination. They've invaded my home, too!
And once one of them has gained a foothold, they tend to multiply...

von Marwitz
A small pair of scissors will take care of the multiply part.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playtested for KC ASL yesterday. Had the WORST dice day EVER!!
I recently had a similar day - you have my sympathies. My snake eyes came on the morale check for a leader sitting with two broken squads. Of course the leader went berserk. The two broken squads rolled so high that they said, "Naw, we'll just stay here and sit this one out." The 'zerk 9-1 leader then ran off to be slaughtered and the two brokies were immediately swept up.

I changed dice three times. I retired the dice tower and brought out a glass. Nothing would break the string of bad rolls. Darn hard to enjoy the game when your attacks never have effect, and every low FP attack against you causes your defenders to break. Just hope that I got that out of my system.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I feel your pain. Last week during a play test, I had my Konigstiger boxcar it's MA, and in the same turn, the Jagdtiger rolled 12 trying to start, immobilizing it (with its rear conveniently facing the enemy). Disclaimer- I was using the VASL bot, nuff said.

Can't wait to see the scenario, love Crete '41.

Tom

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I changed dice three times. I retired the dice tower and brought out a glass.
You failed your PSR*. Four times.

Curse your results, but do not believe it is your set of dice, dice tower, glass. It leads to nowhere. Otherwise it could get dangerous if you come to realize that it were your hands which threw them into the dice tower - better keep hatchets far away from the gaming table... :D

For a global purge of dice superstition - NOW! :thumbsup:

von Marwitz

*Personal Superstition Roll

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I told my opponent that it was OK to laugh; I certainly was.

Maybe, during the March Madness tournament, my luck will change. My play won't, but maybe my luck will.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Today I pulled FW out of the mailbox, inventoried the components and tossed it in the closet so it can earn its name. ;)

The revised WAR from LC came with it. On a quick look, scenarios appear to have substantially changed OBs, not the small nips and tucks I expected.

Last edited:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Today I got my scenario record and ROARing caught up and filed a whole mess of scenarios. Next up: Board and new scenario integration. I am literally doing anything I can to have ASL projects that don't involve dealing with 30 or so sheets of counters...

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I incorporated the Hakkaa Päälle and Forgotten War pages into my spiral bound set. Formerly I had A-E as one book, H as another, and all the rest including dividers in a third. Now I've put E into the third book and removed the dividers. Wondering if I should move Forgotten War into its own bound book.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
File upload still does not seem to work (just tried). I can't believe this is it yet. Let's be optimistic.

von Marwitz