MMP Social Media Co-ordinator

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi folks. I'm just dropping in to introduce myself, I'm the new Social Media Co-ordinator for MMP. I will mainly be keeping a presence on the Consimworld forums, Boardgame Geek forums, on Twitter, and eventually on Facebook. I believe Perry has been tagged to look after you folks here on GameSquad, but I will try to drop in from time to time.

Just a note, I am definitely NOT the person to ask about actually playing ASL. It's one of the few game systems I have never gotten into, though I now have most of the ASLSK stuff that's been issued (everything but ASLSK3 and Decision at Elst) and will be trying to learn that system so I can speak your language.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
When it comes to how to play the game and rules questions, you would do well to lean on Klas Malmstrom....

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
First, welcome and good luck.

Second, you really shouldn't make Facebook "eventually." It's substantially more active than BGG or CSW for ASL, possibly more active than here. I'm a member of at least four ASL groups there (not counting publisher specific ones). I would actually suggest it's the most important site you should be looking at.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First, welcome and good luck.

Second, you really shouldn't make Facebook "eventually." It's substantially more active than BGG or CSW for ASL, possibly more active than here. I'm a member of at least four ASL groups there (not counting publisher specific ones). I would actually suggest it's the most important site you should be looking at.
Certainly the most active and it gives a good indication of new player presence as they pop in often to ask questions.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, I understand FB is important, but since it's a company account rather than a personal one, I need to get admin rights to the page. We haven't managed to get that done yet. It will happen.

As far as following blogs and podcasts, I honestly don't have the time to dig that far into the site. I will monitor this thread here, and I follow the MMP company folders/threads on CSW and BGG. If I follow one personal blog, then everyone will want me to follow theirs, and I will end up being overwhelmed with incoming information.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Welcome Peter. You may only own the Starter Kit gear so far, but in my opinion that still covers the most important aspects of ASL.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome Peter.
All the best for your new job!
The ASL crowd can be interesting to interact with, from an anthropological angle at least. :cool:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Peter- Welcome aboard. And yes, this is an INTERESTING place.

Now, go play some ASL! The one true game system.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Willkommen Peter.

Yeah. Play ASL and get to know and make friends with people some of whom might be apt to believe that one can impress gorgeous women by pointing out the superiority of their Oregon 2mm counter-clipper clipped counters over those merely clipped with ordinary nail clippers.

:D

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Willkommen Peter.

Yeah. Play ASL and get to know and make friends with people some of whom might be apt to believe that one can impress gorgeous women by pointing out the superiority of their Oregon 2mm counter-clipper clipped counters over those merely clipped with ordinary nail clippers.

:D

von Marwitz
Dude - we want Pete to appreciate the game for the game itself. The babes are just a bonus.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Hi folks. I'm just dropping in to introduce myself, I'm the new Social Media Co-ordinator for MMP. I will mainly be keeping a presence on the Consimworld forums, Boardgame Geek forums, on Twitter, and eventually on Facebook. I believe Perry has been tagged to look after you folks here on GameSquad, but I will try to drop in from time to time.
Peter - great to have you on board at MMP. Be ready to field the same questions asked ad nauseum:

1. When will product X be reprinted? Usual response: MMP cannot tie up capital in the store room, will print when market and production schedule can bare it. less common response: they are being held in a Swiss account propping up a third world government. Sale after the coup.

2. When will pre-order product X be released? usual response: Monday. less common response: Monday is MMP facial day, so maybe Tuesday.

3. Why don't you make everything electronic/PDF, everyone else does? usual response: HELLO - "board" game. Less common response: we don't keep electronic in stock.

4. Why don't you sell counter sheets/maps/whatever individually? usual response: see #1 above. less common response: all the extra counters go to fill the prize lamps at Winter Offensive.

5. Why is shipping to Europe more than the game? usual response: we have no control over shipping company charges. Less common response: we have to get our $ back somehow for bailing Europe out of two world wars.

Feel free to use as needed :)

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

You will likely be interested in what's scheduled for release in the ASL line in 2018. This is what's on tap at the moment:

- Hatten historical ASL module;

- Armies of Oblivion reprint;

- Red Factories (Red Barricades + Red October)

- a new ASL Journal

And if the ASLSK series interests you:

- ASLSK4, Pacific Theatre of Operations

- probable reprint of ASLSK1 and ASLSK2

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Just a note, I am definitely NOT the person to ask about actually playing ASL. It's one of the few game systems I have never gotten into, though I now have most of the ASLSK stuff that's been issued (everything but ASLSK3 and Decision at Elst) and will be trying to learn that system so I can speak your language.
I've got to say two things:

1. Welcome to GS forums on ASL and best wishes in your social media position! :)
2. I myself would DEFINITELY never lead off with an intro on a social media site as being the new "social media" goto guy..... :D :D