Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Scanned all the Friendly Fire packs at 600dpi today. Then put them in comic book sleeves for storage.

Tomorrow, plan on scanning Objective: Schmidt.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finally things have slowed down (Christmas and family travel and then work travel). With Schmidt on its way, I finally ordered more Plano boxes, punched, and interred Yanks (I had been getting by with SK counters and punching only what additional stuff was needed). Having also gotten some additional Boche counter sheets from eBay, I ought to be ready when O:S lands on my doorstep.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today I put together a PDF for organizing my Beyond Valor counters (and a few extras) into two Raaco assorters. I've made some cardstock dividers for the A75 inserts to compactly store many of the counters vertically, so tweezers are needed. I need to update it for Hakkaa Paalle however.russianexample.jpg

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Saturday I Pulled BV out of the garage. The contents haven't seen light since '91. All counters are sorted in baggies except the information counters. I sorted those into two Planos as that is all they had in stock at Turner's Outdoors.
  • Smelled like old books.
  • Only two of the boards were there. The other two must be in the loose board stack.
  • There was one random Russian 6-2-8 from SL.
  • There were a bunch of loose American paratrooper and TD counters and SS. I must have played a scenario and tossed them in the box.
  • The original Scenerio 1/7 card from SL was in there.
  • There were two Panther counters that were so offset that the white slow turret square was just barely on the left side of the counter.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Today I put together a PDF for organizing my Beyond Valor counters (and a few extras) into two Raaco assorters. I've made some cardstock dividers for the A75 inserts to compactly store many of the counters vertically, so tweezers are needed. I need to update it for Hakkaa Paalle however.View attachment 3813
Are you aware that a file with flags for about close to every AFV/Gun in creation (ok, I am exaggregating a little, but not much) is already available?

Looky here:
http://www.texas-asl.com/download/RAACO_Tabs.zip

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Today I put together a PDF for organizing my Beyond Valor counters (and a few extras) into two Raaco assorters. I've made some cardstock dividers for the A75 inserts to compactly store many of the counters vertically, so tweezers are needed. I need to update it for Hakkaa Paalle however.
Wow, I need to do something like that (problem being, I'd need a color printer to print on sticky labels).

My understanding is that you label each divider by vehicle name, MA caliber, Note #, and number of counters; correct? (I haven't decided what I want to write on mine)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have a set thee with more or less every counter printed included the tab top has the rule number and vehicle name on it and all are in the national colours. There are several different types along with a plethora of very handy downloads there

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Wow, I need to do something like that (problem being, I'd need a color printer to print on sticky labels).

My understanding is that you label each divider by vehicle name, MA caliber, Note #, and number of counters; correct? (I haven't decided what I want to write on mine)
When using paper-flags, there won't be much space to put information. The vehicle/Gun ID# and type will likely all that you'll reasonably manage. More information would be covered by the upright counters anyway.

If you use the paper-flags, you do not need sticky labels. You just use paper that is somewhat heavier than the standard. Normal paper being 80g/m², use 160g/m² (in other words, "double" weight) and you are fine. Paper-flags are good if you want to save space. You would most likely want to do upright counter-storage.

Sticky labels you would select, if you want to label the dividers that are part of the inserts you are using (If RAACO, those would be mostly A75's and A78's). For a full set of these (excluding the new Korea module and most HASLs), also see the Texas ASL Club website:

http://www.texas-asl.com/download/ASL Counter Labels for RAACO A75 and A78 inserts.xls

Here's the article to go with the RAACO setup behind these:
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?resources/the-ultimate-raaco-storage.16/

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I tried printing directly on the thick paper ("bristol" paper) I use for my dividers, but the printer didn't work with them (not a very good printer, I agree). So I decided I'd go for stickers, but the project is currently in standby. Counters are stored flat; sure some space is lost, but it saves a lot of complexity in preparing the dividers.

Typically I'll use A75, with each compartment divided into 4 smaller ones (for 5/8" counters; each compartment is roughly the size of a counter). I cut some long strips of "bristol paper" to the proper width, and fold/glue them to have the dividers stand upright. This means I only need to cut simple shapes. With this, and not stacking different counters together, each A75 will contain 20 vehicles/guns - certainly not optimal, but good enough.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Von Marwitz, that's a very nice article. I guess I'm expanding on yours and Oliver Gray's idea for my own vision of "ultimate storage", the divider system I'm differs in that the dividers are glued onto a base strip so they don't float.

@Philippe --just saw your post, PM your email if you'd like to see my file, it's 15 Mb.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The way I store the counters you get approx 250 counters in an A75, 50 per row

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
With the right tools, you might be able to squeeze in a few more:

von Marwitz

Seen these guys destroying things before; just awesome. Notice how when guys destroy things (like on Mythbusters) they always laugh?

I'll have to see if I can find the high speed video we took when I used to work for the fire sprinkler company showing how they operate.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I started clipping my counters today.
Friends of mine have a regular needlework evening, and I joined them tonight. While they were knitting, sewing and stitching, I clipped all my Russian infantry counters. I fitted right in. :)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Friends of mine have a regular needlework evening, and I joined them tonight. While they were knitting, sewing and stitching, I clipped all my Russian infantry counters. I fitted right in. :)
What sort of clipping tool did you use?

von Marwitz

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I *love* this. I used to clip during lulls on TS during practice. My teammates all teased about my perfect nails.