Breaking Bad questions

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played this with Ben Jones a couple of nights ago. Fun scenario - ended up with a fairly comfortable Japanese win in the end. Ben thought it was hard on the Dutch, low ELR = conscripts = extra prisoners for the VC conditions. I thought I diced him a bit and he was a little bit cautious at start. Interested to play the reverse. Anyways couple of rule questions...

1) Braat APC's - the vehicle notes say mounted fire for passengers is not halved like a halftrack.
My opponent argued they could therefore firegroup like a half track. I thought just means passengers aren't halved. (Can non-halftrack/carrier passengers firegroup with vehicle MG's anyway? ignoring any infantry in same location e.t.c)

2) Are prisoners underneath their guards concealment counters or can they never be concealed and have to be visible like big fat white maggots?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1) Braat APC's - the vehicle notes say mounted fire for passengers is not halved like a halftrack.
My opponent argued they could therefore firegroup like a half track. I thought just means passengers aren't halved.
I would agree with you - not being subject to Mounted Fire does not automatically mean they function like ht in other regards.

(Can non-halftrack/carrier passengers firegroup with vehicle MG's anyway? ignoring any infantry in same location e.t.c)
Not sure about Passengers, but Riders can FG with a vehicle's AAMG, IIRC.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
2) Are prisoners underneath their guards concealment counters or can they never be concealed and have to be visible like big fat white maggots?
Prisoners share the "?"-status of their Guards.

Q&A:
A12.121 & A20.5
Can the LOS of a Prisoner, under Guard by the opponent (be that Guard piece Good Order or not) be used/cited so as to deny
concealment gain to that Guard and/or to other opponent pieces in LOS of that Prisoner piece?
A. Prisoners do not deny “?”.

Assuming the Guard can gain Concealment, does the Prisoner gain it too?
A. The prisoner will share the “?” status of its Guard.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The exact phrase is, "This vehicle is considered a half-track for mounted fire, as signified by ``Mounted Fire: Full FP´´ on the counter." I would be inclined to say this does not grant the ability to firegroup, as the Mounted Fire rule [D6.1] is not the same as the FG rule [D6.64].

For your second question, see the second half of the Q&A:

q&a said:
A12.121 & A20.5 Can the LOS of a Prisoner, under Guard by the opponent (be that Guard piece Good Order or not) be used/cited so as to deny concealment gain to that Guard and/or to other opponent pieces in LOS of that Prisoner piece?
A. Prisoners do not deny “?”.

Assuming the Guard can gain Concealment, does the Prisoner gain it too?
A. The prisoner will share the “?” status of its Guard. {3}
JR

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks guys. Not just victorious but morally right too - apart from sticking a crew with an Atr in a level 2 steeple location that didn't exist...