ASL Plans for 2018

farco

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ASL plan for 2018:
1. finish to trim all the modules' counters
2. finally playing more ASL-SK scenarios, and switching from ASL-SK to ASL once I will move to my new place (better/quieter appt. and dedicated table for ASL)

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My plans: Play more. Worry less.
I keep going to bed and finding myself dreaming of waking up with a new logfile in my inbox. Sadly each day I wake up to the horror of having to re-load old ones and go through them. Is this to be my fate for all of 2018? :cry: :tears: :woe: :misery:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I keep going to bed and finding myself dreaming of waking up with a new logfile in my inbox. Sadly each day I wake up to the horror of having to re-load old ones and go through them. Is this to be my fate for all of 2018? :cry: :tears: :woe: :misery:
Huh. That does seem like reason to delay a bit longer, I admit... :p

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I plan on try a re-dedication. I am going to try and read the RB before ASLOK. I used to read it yearly. I have not read it in years and it shows. I also plan on playing more PBEM games. I was better when I was playing more games besides the weekly (more or less) with Burnie (which continues to be great fun). Doug (local FtF buddy) and I also want to get back to ASL. Its been a couple of years since we played a good stretch of ASL (we have been playing a lot of other games).

Peace

Roger

Last edited:

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The ASL 2018 schedule has many hopes for me personally. In order of getting it done:

1. post the scenario design contest final copy on GS forums for all to see and enjoy "Four Days to Naples" - my 3rd place winner. :)
2. play test a pair of scenarios for George Kelln (well, finish the play tests, actually.)
3. Have the OSDG Greater Berlin HSASL Module rules complete and in final form by May, to begin serious proofing and for play tests.
4. Finish the maps for Alexanderplatz, Tempelhof, Friedrichstrasse, and Halbe by June. (They are at around 85% complete now). The Seelow Heights map is complete.
5. Have the under wraps HSASL scen pack under devlopment completed by September, so the co-designer can get it into play testers hands and then that project can move from there to proofing and finally, to a publisher, by December 31st, 2018, I hope.
6. Do some more play testing and proofing for BFP this summer (I have stuff in their pipeline, it is purely beneficial for me to assist where possible on the stuff in front of it. - smile).
7. Finish VotG CG- IV (sorry for the holiday delay, Don).
8. Finish the Dinant play test efforts for Dan and Carl N.
9. Start and finish a TRBH CG with Jackson.
10. Re-connect with Antti in Helsinki and continue our interrupted BR:T CG II.

That's my top 10.

11-15 is to mark off 5 scenarios from my "want to play list" for 2018.

KRL, Jon H

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone aiming for 100+ scenarios in one calendar year this year?
I'm going for 30. Almost all will be pbem with 5 or 6 in Texas at the tournament FTF. I wish I could do 100.:wtf:

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
4. Finish the maps for Alexanderplatz, Tempelhof, Friedrichstrasse, and Halbe by June. (They are at around 85% complete now). The Seelow Heights map is complete.
Hopefully, you don't have the Berlin Airport on the map...
It appears, it takes at least twice as long as planned to build and at quadruple the cost or more. And if you are responsible for the thing, you are a complete loser and derided by everyone for total incompetence. Ah, and if you should ever contrive to complete it, it will already have become to small again to meet the needs.
(Sorry for this real-life parallel...) o_O

von Marwitz

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully, you don't have the Berlin Airport on the map...
It appears, it takes at least twice as long as planned to build and at quadruple the cost or more. And if you are responsible for the thing, you are a complete loser and derided by everyone for total incompetence. Ah, and if you should ever contrive to complete it, it will already have become to small again to meet the needs.
(Sorry for this real-life parallel...) o_O

von Marwitz
it's much easier to re-create when it has been subject to daily saturation bombardment air raids for a running 100 days + straight. ;). Perhaps all one needs to fix the modern issues with the airport is a selective use of appropriate amounts of high-explosive 500 pound bombs. (Oh crap, now I'm gonna get all investigated by the NSA and CIA and everyone else for that, hahahahaha :D)

"There are few problems one cannot correctly address with the proper quantity of C-4." - Anonymous Combat Engineer, near Cu Chi - RVN, 1967.