BFP 82 Steamroller for Newyears Eve

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

For my last game of the year, I decided to play a real great scenario and one that is also on the list. Its been another great year of ASL and this scenario will cap off 2017 that is for sure. Here are pics of my set up. So have a great newyear and happy gunning.

Scott

steamroller 001.JPG steamroller 002.JPG

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
we are on turn 2, blow up Bob's HT which was stopped adjacent to my HIP 45L, the squad survives, I intense fire get a 1MC on his 1st line squad, he rolls snake eys, BH and creates a hero, then wipes out my gun in his next fire phase. What a crock of stinking BS!! lol

Reactions: Roy

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
we are on turn 2, blow up Bob's HT which was stopped adjacent to my HIP 45L, the squad survives, I intense fire get a 1MC on his 1st line squad, he rolls snake eys, BH and creates a hero, then wipes out my gun in his next fire phase. What a crock of stinking BS!! lol

ONLY squad leader can do that. THAT is why we play....
Awesome.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

below is a pic of the beginning of German turn 5. Once past the fortifications, it really becomes a desperate situation for the Russians. I did have a bit of luck, I blew up a Pz IIIL woth a non qualified HS manning a 45L ATG with snake eyes. On the other hand my middle board forces have just about collapsed, so that will mean Bob will need to take out my left flank force, which I backed up with armor in two or three turns. it is doable but it will be close. We stopped playing around 6pm and will finish up some time this week. Question, can a infantry unit in the same hex as a motion vehicle preform recovery? Or the fact that the the tank holds the unit in CC preclude it from recovery?

Scott
cos ger 5 001.JPG

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Question, can a infantry unit in the same hex as a motion vehicle preform recovery? Or the fact that the the tank holds the unit in CC preclude it from recovery?
Units are not "held in CC." Sometimes units are marked with a CC marker. That seems to prevent them from Advancing out of the Location but does not have too many other side effects. The infantry should be able to perform recovery.

JR

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

Bob and I did finish this one up yesterday with Bob's Germans winning on turn 6. Once the Germans got past the Russian fortifications it just became a matter of time in reducing each Russian strong point. The Germans had some really bad luck during the game, both FT Tanks Melfed their MA's. Another Flammethrower melfed, but even with my good luck and Bob's bad luck, he still managed to reach the last strong point with two turns to spare. My armor tried to festung around the last strong point but was dispatched easily, even though I was able to DI both German KV's, it really did not help in the long run. Question though, if the FT tank melfs its MA is it recalled?

Anyway, fun scenario, and I think I will have to put more thought in a better defense next time.

Scott

Great scenario, keep us posted.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Question though, if the FT tank melfs its MA is it recalled?
If the FT is a secondary armament (SA) then not until the SA malfunctions; otherwise, yes. The official Soviet vehicles all list the FT as a SA.

JR