Getting a MG from a Jeep

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record, I'd prefer that the D6.4 restriction apply not just to "halftracks and Carriers" but rather any vehicle with sufficient Passenger PP available -- i.e., the SW must be IN the vehicle, not ON it (i.e., not left behind by a Rider). The really difficult thing about the rule-as-written is the reliance on the chassis of the vehicle as the determining point, as if halftracks were never unarmoured (of course Chapter H contains numerous examples of same, which would never be used for "stupid combat tricks" any more than a plain old truck would be). The one that particularly sticks in my craw is the Lloyd Carrier, a vehicle specifically designed for ferrying weapons to troops! -- but nope, it's not a "Carrier", so don't expect to load any weapons into it!

Well, although you didn't like my notion of giving a rule to such small and low to the ground (relatively speaking so soldiers could reach in and grab stuff, which was part of their design) I reiterate it and it could cover the Llyod carrier as well. A simple addition to D6.4 that says "MMC's can recover SWs from small vehicles such as the jeep or Lloyd carrier simply by the rules of normal recovery A4.44. Such vehciles are designated with a ^ on the back of the counter." ASL has all kinds of these rules to give the proper battlefield role to the vehicle, unit or whatever. It would be consistent. Now no one is going to go back and do this and change the counters etc. But it could have been done and another small tool given to scenario designers.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I reckon rather than waiting for the Tome getting improved (ASLRB v3 anyone?), such issues must be fixed by SSR if need is seen to do so for a scenario.

von Marwitz