A new ASL information counter which could be really useful !

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
HI all,

just a big shout out to MMP and all those counter-producers out there....

What I would really like to have is a green (MPh) coloured counter indicating that a vehicle has moved (completed its MPh).

For infantry, I can use the facing of the counter to indicate clearly which units have moved and which ones have not.

For vehicles this is obviously not an option, since it has a CA.

In a big scenario with multiple vehicles on one side, I think it would be great to mark a vehicle which has finished its movement....

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
HI all,

What I would really like to have is a green (MPh) coloured counter indicating that a vehicle has moved (completed its MPh).

For infantry, I can use the facing of the counter to indicate clearly which units have moved and which ones have not.

In a big scenario with multiple vehicles on one side, I think it would be great to mark a vehicle which has finished its movement....
That’s what the “MOVE” counters in SASL are for. Of course you need SASL for the counters. Yes, I use them I there gets to be confusing movement going on-some here, some there.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Use blaze counters. That's what I always use when I move my vehicles. It saves a lot of time.

JR
I generally prefer to blow up enemy AFV in the Defensive Fire Phase, not the Movement Phase. Let them faff around a bit before dealing death.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HI all,

You might find the tile setters "+" spacers best for this as they do not then block vehicle data nor CA facing as much as a solid counter. Also they pick up easier both with fingers and / or tweezers. They also come in different sizes so you can select the ones best for you. Depending where you find them there are color ranges too.

They then double as set up area markers or exit zone markers etc.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Transparent green chits could be an interesting idea, as the vehicle info would still be visible.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Set up a rack of laser pointers above your gaming table, and light up each counter that you need to identify. It's the 21st Century, make use of technology!

Also handy for temporarily blinding your opponent for those "special" moves.

Warning: not recommended if you have cats nearby.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You won't find me on the catwalks of Milan von M.
What an inspired analogy!

In fact, I like the ASL-style counters beneath tile setters "+" spacers much better in the same way that I prefer what is beneath Italian haute couture. ;)

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Set up a rack of laser pointers above your gaming table, and light up each counter that you need to identify. It's the 21st Century, make use of technology!
Plus, it makes for a nice touch whenever some AFV turns into a burning wreck: just turn up the power, and voila! Realistic burning wreck!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last edited:

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Or a bag of 5mm wooden cubes- a bag with various colors can be used for lots of transient marking situations (such as trying to figure out legal rout paths).

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Might be a pita to make and store but temp counters for MPs expended might be nice. Many times you have to pause to calculate something or look up rules and then forget: "did is spend 10 or 9?" Yes, i know, and have, one of the big multi sided dies for this but I seem to never have it handy when I need or I knock it while reaching for the rulebook.

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
HI all,

These counters (almost) already exist, they came with SASL.

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic283977_lg.jpg

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"These counters (almost) already exist, they came with SASL."--tunixx
Never knew this. Then again, never bought SASL.
Great response!