CC vs AFV question

milhaud

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
An AFV has entered on an enemy infantry location in his MPh.
Will this AFV be under +2 DRM by Motion/Non Stopped vehicule since it has moved in his MPh in the following CC Phase -same Player Turn- ?
(Vehicle is now stopped)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
An AFV has entered on an enemy infantry location in his MPh.
Will this AFV be under +2 DRM by Motion/Non Stopped vehicule since it has moved in his MPh in the following CC Phase -same Player Turn- ?
(Vehicle is now stopped)
"A11.51 CC DRM: CC attacks vs unarmored vehicles are eligible for a -3 DRM. A CC attack vs any vehicle without inherent manned functioning (e.g., Shock, stun, most BU AAMG) MG armament (including turreted MA ≤ 15mm) is eligible for a -1 DRM. There is a +1 DRM to the CC DR for every unbroken, unpinned and armed enemy HS/crew Personnel counter (+2 for each such squad) in the CC Location (and not in the act of Withdrawal) at the time of each attack unless they are BU . There is a +2 DRM for CC vs a Motion/non-stopped vehicle. An Ambush DRM (11.4/11.8) or Hero DRM (15.24) can also apply to CC vs a vehicle. A leadership DRM applies to CC vs a vehicle only when that leader is combining with another unit in that attack. See also 11.61."

The +2DRM would not apply in CC as it is stopped.

You might confuse a 'Moving' vehicle with a 'Motion' vehicle. If your vehicle has moved in its MPh, this makes it a 'Moving' vehicle.

von Marwitz

milhaud

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
thank you very much von Marwitz!.
I was confused with Moving vehicle. Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If your vehicle has moved in its MPh, this makes it a 'Moving' vehicle.
Technically, it is a "moving target" if it either began the turn in Motion or during the turn has entered a new hex during its MPh; and thus receives a +2 TH DRM when targeted by ordnance during that turn.

It is not "non-stopped" if it has not spent a start MP since spending a stop MP (or if it was immobilized/Shocked by fire attack). The status "stopped" or "non-stopped" applies during its MPh.

It is not "motion" as it does not have a "motion" counter on it. The status "motion" applies during all phases other than its MPh.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe wrote a very good article on this issue in the 1996 Annual called: Stop and Go Traffic: Moving, Motion, and Non-Stopped Status

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe wrote a very good article on this issue in the 1996 Annual called: Stop and Go Traffic: Moving, Motion, and Non-Stopped Status
The rules on rolling for motion attempts has changed since this was written as I recall. -- jim

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, they did change with ASLRBv2. The article is still good and mostly error free. It is well worth reading and will clear up a lot of issues.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Yes, they did change with ASLRBv2. The article is still good and mostly error free. It is well worth reading and will clear up a lot of issues.
I agree, it is a good article. I would have posted much of what you added but I was on my mobile. I hate typing on that thing. -- jim