AoO on ebay for 27 bucks from China. really?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Indeed. I was being silly. I suspect there’s a fine line. Low enough to get attention, not too low as to arouse suspicion. <shrug>

I *just* figured out why you have your avatar BTW. Well played. :)
Oh yeah, you just reminded me that I have somehow stopped reading through Chapter H one by one .. gotta start that up again!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There is a thread up on FB about these sellers. Apparently there are a lot of them (or the same person using various different i.d.) and they are all selling the OOP expensive ASL stuff at ridiculously low prices. Is this some scorned ASLers twisted revenge?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There is a thread up on FB about these sellers. Apparently there are a lot of them (or the same person using various different i.d.) and they are all selling the OOP expensive ASL stuff at ridiculously low prices. Is this some scorned ASLers twisted revenge?
Yeah .. the "mysterious appearance of ASL in China" .. how ignorant of the OP.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Best deal I ever got was on 3X ABtF for $5 each in the WO Dent's and Dings sale. Could have made hundreds. Alas, I gave them all away because I am a nice guy :) -- jim
Damn you are a nice guy!

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's people that have likely hijacked legitimate eBay accounts. Trying to raise some quick Christmas cash before they get the ID booted off permanently.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's just strange. These are insanely low amounts and he/she would have trouble collecting because eBay hang on to your cash for a period especially if you have no selling history. As a buyer you can easily get your money back via PayPal. All that for $20?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Typically they hijack dormant accounts with a lot of feedback because those accounts are not so restricted. I sold something for $800 recently and I scraped that money into my bank account two minutes after I dropped the item off at the post office. My son conversely sold a pair of headphones for $140 with a new account and it took him almost two weeks to get his money. Selling on a 0 feedback account doesn't make a lot of sense unless they don't limit withdraws under a certain amount. The other possibility is I suppose is that they knocked them off, but $18 hardly seems worth the trouble.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Best deal I ever got was on 3X ABtF for $5 each in the WO Dent's and Dings sale. Could have made hundreds. Alas, I gave them all away because I am a nice guy :) -- jim
You have rekindled my faith in humanity. Well, ok, my faith in humanity is still pretty low, but you have rekindled my faith in you :). (I'm sure that will just add extra spring to your step today :))

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You have rekindled my faith in humanity. Well, ok, my faith in humanity is still pretty low, but you have rekindled my faith in you :). (I'm sure that will just add extra spring to your step today :))
DDDUUDDE!! All this time knowing me doesn't already do that??

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My faith in humanity takes yet another hit. Sigh.

How ya been Jackson?
Haven't spoken in far too long.
Wahahahahahahah .. doing alright man .. taking a month off (my first break since 2013!!) ASL 'cause of this weekend course in DATA ANALYSIS that's gonna go til Dec 2. I call it my real life "ReFit Phase" before the next "Campaign Date". Never forgot keeping an eye out for a possible playing slot with you. Hope you are keeping well?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
To think, if he'd just renamed it to something other than TOT2 we might not have noticed. Maybe something like "All Along The Aller" would be a good name?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wahahahahahahah .. doing alright man .. taking a month off (my first break since 2013!!) ASL 'cause of this weekend course in DATA ANALYSIS that's gonna go til Dec 2. I call it my real life "ReFit Phase" before the next "Campaign Date". Never forgot keeping an eye out for a possible playing slot with you. Hope you are keeping well?
Sounds good Jackson.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
...or the fabled garage sale copy of Red Barricades for 50 cents...or the shrinkwrapped copy of Avalon Hill's Waterloo I found in a thrift shop, marked down to $1 because it had sat there for too long with $2 on it.
AH's Waterloo?
Honest question: Is that some special rarity?

I have a box of it, now that you mention it. I just took it out to find game material for "The Battle of the Bulge" in it. Maybe I have the Waterloo materials somewhere else. A couple of years ago a wargamer gave me some old AH stuff that he did not need any more. I have never really closely examined it as ASL is more than enough for my available time.

von Marwitz