AP 123 footbridge ?

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
Hello all

Looking at AP123 ,Busting in Balta, and can't see any good reason for the footbridge. Can someone enlighten me as to what I am missing, if anything?

Thanks all

Alan

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
At one point the Russians got VP for moving units from the Balta Garrison to the south side of the river, so it is a remnant from that probably.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In no way to jam Klas' answer...

...the aftermath blurb also mentions the footbridge, so on those grounds the bridge makes sense too. The 'feel' of the battlefield is thus enhanced by its placement. Channel you inner Honza if need be...ie see other threads on page 1 at this time.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
...the aftermath blurb also mentions the footbridge, so on those grounds the bridge makes sense too. The 'feel' of the battlefield is thus enhanced by its placement. Channel you inner Honza if need be...ie see other threads on page 1 at this time.
"See me, Feel me, Touch me....."

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played this one, take the Germans. Does MMP bother to even playtest these AP scenarios anymore? Most seemed boring and uninspiring.

At one point the Russians got VP for moving units from the Balta Garrison to the south side of the river, so it is a remnant from that probably.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
TBH the "see me, feel me, touch me" lark was taken from a 60's song by The Who. You can keep your hands to yourself! lol. I often slip into my 60's frame of mind which is so much more entertaining than the 21st century frame of mind.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The world is ruled by meaningless empirical fact based non sense. Why not introduce some meaning and metaphors to cheer things up? That's my take. Sure you get some funny looks and comments but its worth it.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What’s weird is how many of us with ASL feel we need another or some weird sub-hobby.*

*there is nothing weird about StuG fetishism.
Don't worry. You're good.

Mine includes "being" the incarnation of a god which is worshipped by roughly 500 players... :dontknow

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't worry. You're good.

Mine includes "being" the incarnation of a god which is worshipped by roughly 500 players... :dontknow

von Marwitz
I am NOT a player. :mad: I am a disciple. :study: (Oh look a pleased Honza too with my response.) :cool: A daily double...:highfive:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Saying that nonsense governs the world is an oxymoron, as the sentence itself follows definite rules and conveys a meaning.
Unless nobody says it.

ASL is a hobby for me.
But what a hobby!

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
In no way to jam Klas' answer...

I asked Brett about this at ASLOK (that whole side of the river does not need to be in play) and indeed there was a component to the scenario where the Russians could get guys across but they could never get it worked out in PT.

Peace

Roger