A2.9 Deployment at Setup

RaphaelC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hello All,

In ASL 22 Kurhaus Clash the Americans have 5x 6-6-7 and 12 6-6-6 squads.

For deployment at setup purposes does each type round up individually?

Many Thanks,

Raphael

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No. All taken together. Not counting Crews except if Japanese Crews.

However, if you have reinforcements entering, you can deploy 10% FRU of those reinforcements.

So if all set up on board or enter together, it would be 17 squad equivalents in your case which means you can deploy 2 squads into 4 HS.

von Marwitz

RaphaelC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Many Thanks,

So, with only two squads available to deploy, would it also be limited to just one of each type?

Raphael

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You can just choose - you could end up deploying 2 of your 6-6-7 if you wanted.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Many Thanks,

So, with only two squads available to deploy, would it also be limited to just one of each type?

Raphael
You can select any squad type you please.

On top of that, you can attempt to deploy more units in your (own) Rally Phase when stacked with a leader. So before your first move, you might have more deployed units.

Also note that if you take Prisoners during the game, the squad(s) accepting any of them may automatically deploy without the requirement of leader presence.

von Marwitz

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
On top of that, you can attempt to deploy more units in your (own) Rally Phase when stacked with a leader. So before your first move, you might have more deployed units.
Note also, if you are entering from offboard, you can attempt leader-led deployment in the Rally Phase before you enter those units.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I had two ASLOK games where the opposing side deployed more than allowed. And of course it is only discovered in the midst of the game, which is not straightforward to repair. So please deploy with moderation :)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I had two ASLOK games where the opposing side deployed more than allowed. And of course it is only discovered in the midst of the game, which is not straightforward to repair. So please deploy with moderation :)
We just did a playtest where my opponent deployed more than allowed. Sorry about that. People may want to avoid products published in the next few years, because at least one of them will have a scenario that was playtested wrong.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
My opponent also said an armor leader can deploy a tank into two halftracks. I didn't question it at the time, but now I wonder if that is right.
As long as he did not use "HT" when referring to a halftrack, such a move is ok in my book.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
My opponent also said an armor leader can deploy a tank into two halftracks. I didn't question it at the time, but now I wonder if that is right.
JR
Only if it deploys into two SPW251/16
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-281-1110-18-_Russland-_Schutzenpanzer_mit_Flammenwerfer.jpg

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
We just did a playtest where my opponent deployed more than allowed. Sorry about that. People may want to avoid products published in the next few years, because at least one of them will have a scenario that was playtested wrong.

JR
But maybe it was playtested using the IIFT with CTC. That would alleviate for the error.

von Marwitz

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
And no point deploying into 2x SdKfz251/16's
That just means the first DR when they fire will be an "11" followed by another "11" so they are back to being SdKfz201/1's without any room for troops:facepalm: