Who was your mentor(s)?

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LtCol Kevin Taylor, a true gentleman, showed me the game and started me on the path to obsession.
Third Mar Div, huh? I served with 3rd Bn, 3rd Mar way back in the day, though we fell under 1st MEB (except during Oki deployments, when we fell in on 9th Marines and became part of the Third Mar Div).

Semper Fi,

Dave

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My buddy Bryan Vieages, my regular opponent in our irregularly scheduled playings of ASL. Played our first ASL scenario back in January 1997,after he sent me a snail mail letter as he somehow found my name thru the General magazine (even though I did not have a classified ad in it!) He beat me pretty good the first three scenarios we played as had never played FtF before,and he taught me a lot. We still play on a somewhat irregular basis too.

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Third Mar Div, huh? I served with 3rd Bn, 3rd Mar way back in the day, though we fell under 1st MEB (except during Oki deployments, when we fell in on 9th Marines and became part of the Third Mar Div).

Semper Fi,

Dave
Dave, I was also in 3rd Marines when it was 1st MEB ('89-'92), but also served in 4th & 9th Marines, so plenty of time in 3rd MarDiv. Small Corps!

Regards,

Jeff Waldon
Summerville, SC

Ken Dunn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know that I had a mentor but I certainly played Ross Sutton a lot in the day then when MMP came along I was lucky enough to be an outsider that got to go along for the ride with Perry Cocke, Brian Youse, Chas Argent, Keven Valerian, and for a time Curt Schilling and Russ Bunton. They all taught me a lot about the game but they are also good people and I think I learned a lot about life from them.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave, I was also in 3rd Marines when it was 1st MEB ('89-'92), but also served in 4th & 9th Marines, so plenty of time in 3rd MarDiv. Small Corps!
It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir. As ASL seems also to be a small world, I certainly hope that we will cross paths some day.

Dave