Streets of Stalingrad 4 - CSW Tempe Expo 2017 - Map/scenario size questions?

Russ Schulke

626 Designs, LLC.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a few questions at the Tempe expo related to the full game map and scenario size? All scenarios but the campaign game can be played on a 4’x8’ table. See the following animated GIF file.

The map folds are strategically placed and each sheet can be folded to the minimal size for most scenario requirements. Alternatively, you can back-fold and add a few more map printed charts. In addition to the 90% of the charts/tables being printed on the map, it has a complete set of hand-held aids, charts and tables. Full map size 102" x 60" (3 single sheets 35" x 60" - 1" overlap)

Russ

Russ Schulke

626 Designs, LLC.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had some questions related to the full game map/scope:

Scenarios for full SOS4 game:

1.) RACE TO THE VOLGA – 7 turns (days) New for SOS4 [German 16 Panzer Divisions drive to the Volga River on August 23, 1942,]
2.) THE GRAIN ELEVATOR – 13 turns (days)
3.) THE GUARDS COUNTERATTACK – 13 turns (days)
4.) CAMPAIGN – 67 turns (days)
5.) HOUSE-TO-HOUSE – 11 turns (days)
6.) THE ORLOVKA POCKET – 9 turns (days)
7.) THE TRACTOR FACTORY – 23 turns (days) New element to this scenario - [Soviet amphibious landing behind German line at the village of Latashanka on October 31, 1942]
8.) HUBERTUS REBORN – 8 turns (days) New scenario name for SOS4 [Operation “Hubertus” was postponed and was never referenced again in the German daily reports. The operation planned by Paulus never happen, Hitler intervened and change the original objectives.]
9.) THE LAST ASSAULT – 2 turns (days) New for SOS4 [German amour assault during a light snowstorm against the village of Rynok November 17, 1942]

Kickstarter stretch goal #1 for full SOS4 game “HISTORICAL ALTERNATIVES”

German reinforcements:
Kampfgruppe "Wisch" SS-Division (Mot.) "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler" - reforming in France / brigade size element
Kampfgruppe "Schoz" SS-Division (Mot.) "Viking" - deployed in Caucasus / reinforce regiment size element
Kampfgruppe "Baethmann" 22 Air-landing Division [65 infantry regiment] deployed on Crete / reinforce regiment size element
"THOR" (Self-Propelled Siege Mortar) heavy artillery battalion 628
9 Machine-gun battalion (motorized)
Snipers from Army Group "A" and "B"
14 Panzer division
29 Infantry division (motorized)

Soviet reinforcements:
300 Rifle division – defending Volga east bank and sandbar Islands.
66 Naval infantry brigade – Fighting in 64 Army
154 Naval infantry brigade - Fighting in 64 Army
44 Guards rifle regiment (15 Guards rifle division) - Fighting in 64 Army
55 (4) Rifle regiment [160 Rifle brigade (former 10 Reserve rifle brigade)] – 62 Army reserve
Snipers from 64 & 66 Army

Russ

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yup, all done. Back to the 3rd and likely final edition. oh well...
Well, at least we have a copy of the third ed Paul eh, glad I did not sell it off for some other games I am eyeing up at the moment

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, at least we have a copy of the third ed Paul eh, glad I did not sell it off for some other games I am eyeing up at the moment
That would have been reckless in the extreme ;-) All my other kick-starter pledges, thus far have been successful, but it can still be a gamble even after targets are met as the recent attempt to republish 'Up Front' has so ably demonstrated. I supported the recent republication of High Frontier and that took almost 2 years to be published after the target was hit.

There is plenty of gaming in the 3rd Edition yet to be had.

Cheers

Paul

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That would have been reckless in the extreme ;-) All my other kick-starter pledges, thus far have been successful, but it can still be a gamble even after targets are met as the recent attempt to republish 'Up Front' has so ably demonstrated. I supported the recent republication of High Frontier and that took almost 2 years to be published after the target was hit.

There is plenty of gaming in the 3rd Edition yet to be had.

Cheers

Paul

Agree 100% Paul,

There is most certainly loads more to do with the 3rd Ed, I am starting on VASSAL a CG and writing up nightly(daily) unit AAR as a form of narrative for both sides, I might ponce it all up with period respective Military paper work and such and post it as a sort of semi-Historical AAR for folk to read when the CG is done (end of the year at least especially now I have branched out into OCS and also GMT's Downtown!).

all the best my friend

Perry

Fear Naught / Per Mare Per Terram

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Agree 100% Paul,

There is most certainly loads more to do with the 3rd Ed, I am starting on VASSAL a CG and writing up nightly(daily) unit AAR as a form of narrative for both sides, I might ponce it all up with period respective Military paper work and such and post it as a sort of semi-Historical AAR for folk to read when the CG is done (end of the year at least especially now I have branched out into OCS and also GMT's Downtown!).

all the best my friend

Perry

Fear Naught / Per Mare Per Terram
OCS is a great system. I'll get back into it one of these days. I'm currently working my way through 'The Devil's Cauldron' scenarios (MMP's GTS system). We are into the advanced scenarios now, playing once a week for 2 hours using VASSAL and Skype. SoS Grain Elevator took around 8 months to play using the same format... the GTS scenarios play a lot quicker, but they are generally smaller, for now...

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OCS is a great system. I'll get back into it one of these days. I'm currently working my way through 'The Devil's Cauldron' scenarios (MMP's GTS system). We are into the advanced scenarios now, playing once a week for 2 hours using VASSAL and Skype. SoS Grain Elevator took around 8 months to play using the same format... the GTS scenarios play a lot quicker, but they are generally smaller, for now...

awaiting Hube's Pocket (managed to get it off a bloke on BBG for £28!!!!!!) to arrive and set that up, ordering Tunisia II & Sicily II off of SCG later in the month and then buying Guderian's Blitzkrieg after that, (I can get a mint copy of Hube's pocket as an investment for £80 as well so will more than likely grab that end of August just to keep stashed away).

Love the system, really fun to play.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
awaiting Hube's Pocket (managed to get it off a bloke on BBG for £28!!!!!!) to arrive and set that up, ordering Tunisia II & Sicily II off of SCG later in the month and then buying Guderian's Blitzkrieg after that, (I can get a mint copy of Hube's pocket as an investment for £80 as well so will more than likely grab that end of August just to keep stashed away).

Love the system, really fun to play.
£28.... bargain of the year! I think Hube's and Case Blue are two of the most expensive and difficult modules to get hold of these days. I've seen Hube's Pocket on E-bay for £200ish in the past. It is one of the earlier OCS games that still had the swastikas on the German HQ counters.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
£28.... bargain of the year! I think Hube's and Case Blue are two of the most expensive and difficult modules to get hold of these days. I've seen Hube's Pocket on E-bay for £200ish in the past. It is one of the earlier OCS games that still had the swastikas on the German HQ counters.

Yep,

I have to do a counter inventory when it arrives (the bloke said there might be a few system counters Diffy) but other than that it is in VG/Mint condition, so I am a very happy ex Tankie! Case Blue would be nice to have but until my 5 year old Daughter grows up, moves out and I annex her Double bedroom as my new Führerhauptquartier Werwolf I would not have the space to lay it out. so CB for me will be VASSAL only for the time being.