What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've started on the 'wonderful' process of upgrading my physical kit for better counters and consistency in boards.

Spent a couple weeks separating out all my old BV, Paratrooper, and Yanks counters, and will be selling them to a local gamer who played SL-GI back in the day, but didn't transition to ASL. (We've also played some ASL together, but mostly end up with other games, as both our interests are very broad; I'm planning on getting back to some ASL with him though.)

The next step of course would be the combination of FKaC and HL 3rd (which will also get me boards 12 & 13, which I've never had), but I'm wondering just when/how I'll be able to get the former.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've started on the 'wonderful' process of upgrading my physical kit for better counters and consistency in boards.

Spent a couple weeks separating out all my old BV, Paratrooper, and Yanks counters, and will be selling them to a local gamer who played SL-GI back in the day, but didn't transition to ASL. (We've also played some ASL together, but mostly end up with other games, as both our interests are very broad; I'm planning on getting back to some ASL with him though.)

The next step of course would be the combination of FKaC and HL 3rd (which will also get me boards 12 & 13, which I've never had), but I'm wondering just when/how I'll be able to get the former.
I like the bunny.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last night I ordered Bounding Fire Productions "Beyond the Beachhead 2" from The Gamer's Armory - I'm looking forward to learning some bocage rules and taking this for a spin. I also put in my subscription to Dispatches from the Bunker and got my first issue. I'm very happy that a couple of the scenarios are infantry-only; now to get the HASL map printed (probably saving money and space by printing the letter-size sheets and using plexiglass - very nice of Vic to give this as an option).

Last edited:

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought Pegasus Bridge should come today. Got it for $42 on eBay then a couple weeks ago I got LFT's Cellar Pack 5 for 10 bucks also on eBay. But the best thing was an incredibly nice forum member gave me a mounted board that is just not available anywhere. Thanks again!

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last night I ordered Bounding Fire Productions "Beyond the Beachhead 2" from The Gamer's Armory - I'm looking forward to learning some bocage rules and taking this for a spin. I also put in my subscription to Dispatches from the Bunker and got my first issue. I'm very happy that a couple of the scenarios are infantry-only; now to get the HASL map printed (probably saving money and space by printing the letter-size sheets and using plexiglass - very nice of Vic to give this as an option).
A lot of printers will print on cardstock like the starter kit boards.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might think about getting Operation Cobra too. It comes with a very nice book that has a lot of Bocage examples and explanations.
Thank you for the recommendation, I went ahead and ordered Operation Cobra.

By the way ASL Journal #5 arrived today. The scenarios are a little disappointing to me, in that so many require overlays (my personal hang-up), but I'm looking forward to Mr. Pitcavage's PTO article.

Last edited:

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Especially nice small HASLs with only 4 or 5 CG dates.
Great replayability, they don't take a huge time investment, and cover some cool battles.
Not to mention they're very affordable.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
10 more tickets to the Chas Smith Annual Baseball Vipers Fund Raiser...

Chas is graciously donating over $1000 in BFP goodies, so everyone go to the BFP website and donate.

If you just donate $5 US, it gives you a chance to with win:

PRIZES:

ITR2

PiF

CoS Reprint

B and J Reprint

Hurtgen

$50 coupons x5

$20 coupons x6

RBF 2 x5

RBF 3 x5

RBF 4 x5

HoB Update x5

Firefights 2 x5

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not directly an ASL product, but playing ASL is why I bought this:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01C3YE0J2/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1

Pretty cool and not expensive at all.
It should relieve any eye strain and make those SK board hill level contours easier to differentiate, since I have one of the forms of color blindness.
You know, that is actually pretty cool. I wonder if we should start a new thread in which people could share non ASL stuff that they have found particularly useful with ASL game play.