VASLeague 2017, general discussion

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
in the post above there are all pairings for the next (third) round, May -June of VASLeague 2017

www.vasleague.org updated!

Last edited:

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Afternoon,
Rob and I will be playing BFP 140 "Iron Greeting." Rob's Russians will try and
hold off my assaulting Polish forces.

Cheer!
Pierce

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Sebastiano and I are going to play ASL 17 Lost Opportunities. He's the German attacker, I play the Americans trying to hold Ste.-Mere-Eglise.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Lehman's defending Axis will seek to halt the Russian freedom fighters in J168 Katushya's Embrace. We'll be bringing doilies of Rocket Love to the dastardly Hun & Co. Looking forward to a fun round with John!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Sebastiano and I are going to play ASL 17 Lost Opportunities. He's the German attacker, I play the Americans trying to hold Ste.-Mere-Eglise.
We played a while before we realized that we have different versions of the scenario. We aborted the game then, and will try again with ASL 196 Patton's Prayer.

buser333

Reaction score
Mika Harviala and I finished a highly enjoyable game of BFP35 - Mai Phu. Mika's French manhandled my Japanese with relative ease. Mika is a very skilled opponent who played a solid defense. I wish him best of luck going forward and would gladly play him again anytime.

mharviala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mika Harviala and I finished a highly enjoyable game of BFP35 - Mai Phu. Mika's French manhandled my Japanese with relative ease. Mika is a very skilled opponent who played a solid defense. I wish him best of luck going forward and would gladly play him again anytime.
Thanks, Jeff, you played a game as well as the dicebot would allow. Not much you can do with that solid stream of 11s and 12s on the Japanese morale checks.

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vic Rosso and Chuck Hammond played YASL13, die to the last man, this weekend with my Allied forces scoring a victory over Chuck's IJA forces. The IJA adopted a defensive strategy and 226 scouts tripped a IJA ambush. The net result was a slow vice tightening around portions of the defense which was not helped by their propensity to go berserk and charge off to their doom. Great opponent & game, will look forward to future matches.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steffen Knippel's Germans defeated David Rosner's British in FT171 Getting Your Bell Rung, with no balance, using the IIFT we both favour.

Great fun! I've decided I like road defence scenarios. This one's swirly for both sides (lots of potential movement).

And Mr Rosner is a pleasure to play against.
(I diced him in his turn 5 to prompt his surrender, and he was way more gracious than I might have been.)

Thanks again for running this VASLeague, Enrico.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andrea Pagni and I will play Z19 - The Trap at Targul Frumos, with Andrea taking the Germans.

Rich

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Paul Logger and me are playing AP 59 Taking Heads, he as "American" defender. The first heads begin to fly here and there after the first turn.

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone have updated contact information for Doyle Motes? He is my next VASLeague opponent and I can't seem to raise him. Which makes me suspect that my contact info is dated or my e-mails have been shunted off into a spam folder (as they probably should).

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone have updated contact information for Doyle Motes? He is my next VASLeague opponent and I can't seem to raise him. Which makes me suspect that my contact info is dated or my e-mails have been shunted off into a spam folder (as they probably should).
Dave, I played Doyle last year and successfully used "doyle32*at*verizon*dot*net". I hope that helps.

Edit: I see now that is the same email as on the list, so maybe it isn't so helpful.

Last edited:

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He does not have email right now. He says skype him

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
yes, it seems his email does not work
try with Skype searching " Doyle T. Motes, Jr. "

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jason Wert and Mike Augustine are going to play Belgian Blitzkrieg (J182). Because ROAR has it heavily pro-German, the Belgians will get the scenario balance. We diced for sides, and Mike with have the Belgians, and Jason will have the Germans

DaveH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the advice! - I found what looks to be Doyle on Skype and have messaged him. We still have plenty time to get our game in - so no worries.
David

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Thanks for the advice! - I found what looks to be Doyle on Skype and have messaged him. We still have plenty time to get our game in - so no worries.
David
good luck with the game