Waffen-SS Comic Book for ASL?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The date of publication (if it can be called that) is 1989. It looks like one bit of card with a front and back but no content.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ithink it may have "ASL" on it to generate interest and no other reason. The at looks very poor. That guys helmet!

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Does not look an ASL item to me. The same guys even sells a "ASL Memoir 44 board".

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ithink it may have "ASL" on it to generate interest and no other reason. The at looks very poor. That guys helmet!
I'm fairly certain that helmet was produced at the same factory which supplied the helmets for Beetle Bailey and his comrades. The 'panzer' probably could not ever be identified even after its image having been posted in the Da Paul thread.

What really has me confused though is the significance of the large set of yellow lips near the muzzle of the machine gun.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's a magazine, you can just barely see a staple top-left-side (midway into the yellow header) sticking slightly out of the left binding. And again on the reverse picture, both staples are top and bottom on right side of binding.

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got the whole set of those comics from that publisher. They are not all SS comics, not by a long shot. The art is ok, the stories are general entertaining. The vehicles and guns look ok, the artists struggled with faces. They are much better than world of tanks comics. It's a struggle to find a good WW2 or WW1 comic, with good art and good stories. Childhood memories of sgt rock, the haunted tank, and unknown solider are hard to beat.

oh yeah, the "ASL" is just click bait

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I clicked on the ebay link on a browser that had the details of my ebay account, and now I'm getting email updates of all these irrelevant sales... :(

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great, now your on the 'SS' weirdo list. wtf

Last edited: