CC vs AFV: Street Fighting

LHMG

Reaction score
Two level one hills separated by a road, the road is at level 0. The hills are lined with buildings for several hexes on both sides. I am in the ground floor on one side of the street in three buildings, the Germans are on the other side of the street on the ground floor opposite me in two buildings. A German tank moves down the street. Can I CC him as he passes using the street fighting rule or not, because the buildings are on the hill. Can his infantry react in any way to my attack.

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road is especially vulnerable to CC....

So yes you can, but you still have to pass a PAATC.....and no the enemies across the street cannot do anything about it.

LHMG

Reaction score
Two level one hills separated by a road, the road is at level 0. The hills are lined with buildings for several hexes on both sides. I am in the ground floor on one side of the street in three buildings, the Germans are on the other side of the street on the ground floor opposite me in two buildings. A German tank moves down the street. Can I CC him as he passes using the street fighting rule or not, because the buildings are on the hill. Can his infantry react in any way to my attack.
Also two of the squads had MGs, one an MMG and the other an HMG. I assume they had to drop them before the attack and then pick them up in the next movement or rally phase. I know I wouldnt want to try CC a tank while carrying a 50 cal on a tripod. But maybe thats just me :).

LHMG

Reaction score
Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road is especially vulnerable to CC....

So yes you can, but you still have to pass a PAATC.....and no the enemies across the street cannot do anything about it.
Yes, and only 1 of the 3 did pass the PAATC and attack and it failed. The squad with the 9-2 leader failed his test, just my luck lol.

LHMG

Reaction score
Could the 50 cal have been fired in defensive fire against his top armour instead of CC attack.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Could the 50 cal have been fired in defensive fire against his top armour instead of CC attack.
Only aircraft can hit aerial AF. Even in the same hex ground units hit the normal front/side/rear armor.

JR

LHMG

Reaction score
Only aircraft can hit aerial AF. Even in the same hex ground units hit the normal front/side/rear armor.

JR
Even if 1 or 3 or more levels above the level of the AFV.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So 15 levels is nothing? I skipped 14 because that's obviously nothing.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I think there is an exception for 13 levels, but it has something to do with caves.
JR
The exception is that the designers skipped level 13 (for purely superstitious reasons, I think). But at least the RB no longer refers to Level 2 as "mezzanine".

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So - this came up in a tourny and it looks like we got it wrong. I was told that you could not street fight an AFV when the street was on a lower or higher level than the building you were in.

Presumably the unit goes back CX if it has to go to a lower level and then back into the building it was in on a higher level?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So - this came up in a tourny and it looks like we got it wrong. I was told that you could not street fight an AFV when the street was on a lower or higher level than the building you were in.

Presumably the unit goes back CX if it has to go to a lower level and then back into the building it was in on a higher level?
There are no MF expended when conducting a CC Reaction Fire attack. No CX would be placed on the unit. The only thing where some sort of "movement" would be considered is for Mines/FFE/Residual-FP attacks in either Location.

"Mines/FFE/Residual-FP in the vehicle's/DEFENDER's Location can (as per their normal rules) attack the DEFENDER, who for that purpose is treated as using Assault Movement (into both Locations) and can claim any normally allowed SMOKE/TEM benefits present."