Nationality counter set feedback? Anyone got the discount email they can share?

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All right. So far people have reported:
  • British Khaki counters from D-Day with a mix up with navy crew fronts and mortar backs.
  • Black SS halfsquads missing underlined morale.
  • Feldgrau Germans MMG's of which 11 out of 20 have the correct backs but 9 have the backs for HMG's and no HMG-frontsides in the mix at all.
Am I missing something?

That will be quite something to redo, replace, reship. I hope for you, that you will eventually receive what you paid for.

But maybe there might also be a completely new line of CH products by their prolific team called 'Warring Parties Countersheets' or similar soon without these particular oversights mentioned above.

von Marwitz
sounds good as far I what I bought. but I only have only got the KKhaki set.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
I can just image the comments if MMP's QC was like this.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Finns are just barely a lighter shade.

Scott
yep, but they are closer to Fins then Germans. I see this new "color" exercise with Nat sets to be a manipulation of no ideas or, a fleece of new players. Now, "hypocrite meter running", I did get some red Russians to see how they look and if he has done a better job proofing and the French because my old AH counters are done. Maybe I am being a little harsh. Don't mean to offend anyone, seriously.

Ranger 6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yep, but they are closer to Fins then Germans. I see this new "color" exercise with Nat sets to be a manipulation of no ideas or, a fleece of new players. Now, "hypocrite meter running", I did get some red Russians to see how they look and if he has done a better job proofing and the French because my old AH counters are done. Maybe I am being a little harsh. Don't mean to offend anyone, seriously.
I guess it all depends on whether or not you like the system’s official colors for each nationality. As for me, since 1978 I’ve never been a fan of the blue Germans or neon-yellow Americans, so the feldgrau and OD nat sets are a welcome addition to my collection—now my preferred set of counters for those nationalities, actually.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it me, or do the Feldgrau colored German counts look like they are the Finns. Just wonderin' aloud.
That's because they are not feldgrau colored. They are gray. Ironically, only the *uniforms* are actually feldgrau.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
He is now doing the "classical sets" i.e. Official colours too.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray does try to milk every little drop of honey from ASL wallets. There is no need to keep adding counter sets each week. Concentrate and proof what you already have sold instead of adding new sets each week. Print and ship what you already sold instead of adding set upon set to your print runs. At this rate, is should take a couple of months before getting anything shipped. Slow it down, bro. :)

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray does try to milk every little drop of honey from ASL wallets. There is no need to keep adding counter sets each week. Concentrate and proof what you already have sold instead of adding new sets each week. Print and ship what you already sold instead of adding set upon set to your print runs. At this rate, is should take a couple of months before getting anything shipped. Slow it down, bro. :)
I'd much rather he release alternative countersets all day long than release unplaytested or ripped-off products.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd much rather he release alternative countersets all day long than release unplaytested or ripped-off products.
I think he has found his little pot-of-gold at the end or the counter rainbow. Seems like he is doing a killing on these Nat sets. I guess if you post them to sell before last weeks have even been printed, you make money. I think I might actually agree with Pitman on this one.

I mean, like anything, if there is demand, there is will be supply. My guess that one of the best selling set will be the French because there are very few French 1940 counters out there and the old AH French module has long been out of print. Yes it is in the MMP queue, but that will be years away.

Hopefully Ray has learned how to proof his counter sheets.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes he has learnt to proof he prints , we buy, find the faults for him , he issues an errata sheet, then ships them out with your next order, he changes the 1st edition pack to 2nd ed with the buyer proofed counters. Rinse repeat on the next new stuff .....................

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes he has learnt to proof he prints , we buy, find the faults for him , he issues an errata sheet, then ships them out with your next order, he changes the 1st edition pack to 2nd ed with the buyer proofed counters. Rinse repeat on the next new stuff .....................
I hope so. I may be critical sometimes, I still purchase their products from time to time, counters wise. I do have items standing in his queue.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
wish I had known that I never would have jumped on those Black SS, now I'm stuck with the wrong counters, a load of half squads that aren't underlined etc (I know Ray was good enough to send me out replacements for the bonus sheets Olli but I don't think he has sent me any to replace those faulty half squads)

If I had known I would have waited til there was a second edition but I panicked as the site kept saying they were almost sold out (and I didn't know there would be a second edition)

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
but, still, saying that, I do like the counters, they look cool
I just wish there weren't any errors in them

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
but, still, saying that, I do like the counters, they look cool
I just wish there weren't any errors in them
He needs to get it right on the first try. I have also ordered the Red counters, they look nice to me, but if there is a proofing mistake, I will have to re-evaluate purchasing from them.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I had known I would have waited til there was a second edition but I panicked as the site kept saying they were almost sold out (and I didn't know there would be a second edition)
That's part of the game; everything is advertised as "limited edition" when the reality is that he is going to keep printing them as long as people will buy them and he can make money on them.

I love the idea of color counters but to Olli's point, I don't much care of the idea of being an unknowing proofreader. The random and ever changing pricing isn't a big selling point, either.