representing rubble in a scenario

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey guys,
does anyone have any idea how best to represent rubble in a scenario, I'm working on a scenario with the Canadian Scottish regiment (sister regiment to the Royal Scots) if I can only pin down what enemy units where there, and the town they fought in was rubbled so how best to go about representing this with rubble counters and, presumably, randomly

any thoughts appreciated

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Place X number in a hex and roll for Random Direction?

Or Z and Y number in different hexes and roll.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
that could work
I guess I should check valor of the guards and see if they did it in there and copy it :)

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
depending on the size of the map / scen , I was always rather partial to the idea of alternating placement rubble counters. that way, its occurrence is not 100% what either side prefers, yet it exists only because of a player's choice.

( and allow falling rubble to occur normally) :)

KRL, Jon H

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One I use in my scenarios
Place six rubble counters in O5. Roll random location. If a building, place rubble at ground level and roil for falling rubble normally. If the location is not a building, place a burnt-out scrounged wreck in the location. (adjust if there is much woods, etc, around, but we are talking about urban areas so that is not typically much of an impact.)

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thanks for the reply guys (and sorry for my late reply here not been on Gamesquad for a few days, was in the pub:p
I really like all your suggestions and I will take them all onboard (now I just need to find out what darn German forces were in Emmerich late March 1945 and I'm all set to go, that's throwing me at the moment though)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Treat all Woods as Stone Rubbles and all hedges as walls.
Taken from A 68 Acts of defiance, plain and simple.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One I use in my scenarios
Place six rubble counters in O5. Roll random location. If a building, place rubble at ground level and roil for falling rubble normally. If the location is not a building, place a burnt-out scrounged wreck in the location. (adjust if there is much woods, etc, around, but we are talking about urban areas so that is not typically much of an impact.)
Did you design Resignation Supermen?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I knew those setup instructions sounded familiar. Yes, I played it at West Coast Melee and I had a blast playing as the Germans. I was getting it handed to me and then once all those guys started going berserk I actually almost won.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember a game vs Bob Holstrom where we were suppose to alternate putting some rubble down and we both put our rubbles were the other guy probably should have. At least our incompetence was cancelled out by the other guy's. Lol.