Recent content by zgrose

1. zgrose

VASSAL engine wont start on iMac Catalina

You will have to install a newer java to run 3.3, you can use what you have for 3.2.
  2. zgrose

Help us test builds for VASSAL 3.3.0

Same with Mojave (OS Mac OS X 10.14.6). The homebrew java install process seems to be the least annoying if one is comfortable with copy/pasting commands into Terminal.
  3. zgrose

Getting Java13 onto OS X is not as easy as it is for Java8, so if you can bundle a runtime for OS X, that would be great. Otherwise got it running: 2019-10-18 10:47:55,335 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - Starting 2019-10-18 10:47:55,340 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - OS Mac OS X...
  4. zgrose

US Bombing Syria

Fairly certain it is still our problem.
  5. zgrose

After my 10AM conf call (US Central), I'll install on OS X Catalina (latest) and OS X Mojave (previous).
  6. zgrose

Just grabbed the windows.exe, did a custom install (to keep my 3.2.17 in place), started up VASL and new game. No errors. Installer didn't kill my old setup. First pass looking good. 2019-10-18 09:13:55,033 [0-main] INFO VASSAL.launch.StartUp - Starting 2019-10-18 09:13:55,037 [0-main] INFO...
  7. zgrose

Just as an FYI, if anyone needs OS X help in real-time, hit me up on the ASL discord as I get those messages faster.
  8. zgrose

Right-click the VASSAL application and choose Show Package Contents. Not on my Mac at the moment but I think the startup sh file is a couple levels deep and shouldn't be too hard to find.
  9. zgrose

The Console app This is why it isn't starting. If you want to use something other than Java8, you need to grab this cut http://vassalengine.sourceforge.net/builds/ You'll also have to modify the startup script... looking for my changes....
  10. zgrose

Adding white space to VASL maps

There are also "true" blank boards (aka big white blocks).
  11. zgrose

AFAIK, you unzip the board, grab the .gif file, paste that image into a larger white image, re-save the gif, drop the gif back into the board, re-zip the folder contents (exclude the folder). That in a nutshell adds an arbitrary amount of border around your image. Then you have to account for...
  12. zgrose

Pelosi proposes drug plan to save $345 billion over the next 10 years in drug costs

paragraphs 2 and 3 on page 2 seem to be very real issues to me. It's always seemed to me, from the outside, that high volume, low margin drugs (i.e. the stuff we need the most) are being dropped for high margin, low volume drugs (i.e. treatments for diseases that are rare) and the decrease in...
  13. zgrose

Overlays to get more use from seldom-used boards?

Speaking only for myself, it's not the storage, its the physical fiddliness of the overlay on top of the board. This can be mitigated with plexi or glass on top but this just adds to the accessories used to get an extra stone building into H6. I do prefer overlays to terrain SSR overload (All X...
  14. zgrose

Yes, if you want to edit the board itself you can put more edge on it. You can also edit the module and increase the white region around maps but that will mess up any currently running saved games. I would suggest (as I do to all people that try to stuff extra bits onto their boards) that you...
  15. zgrose

VASL Map Database

Maybe you can just have a (Pending) column since it's almost a given that every MMP map will be in VASL. Doubly so for the geoboards. That way you can just add to the list as you're made aware of the board instead of trying to go back and compile changes every X months. YMMV!