Recent content by zgrose

1. zgrose

Why I really have a hard time taking global doomsday from climate change seriously

I believe the article can be summarized as "click bait journalism and activist sensationalism creates more bad than good." I agree. I'll take policy based on reason over those based on knee-jerk reactions any day of the week. The 5 second news cycle that the Internet gave us makes that a...
  2. zgrose

Lock your rooms!

Must be time for a new version number so the trolls end up playing with all the old timers instead.
  3. zgrose

Hatten Armour Leader vehicle swapping not allowed in refit.

Not sure I've ever tried moving armor leaders around but as a mostly VASL player yes that is how I've played it. e.g. THIS tank has THIS Armor Leader on it.
  4. zgrose

How does one code a pic into VASL using dropbox

Dropbox exited the image hosting business. You can try the instructions here but I didn't have much luck with the redirect and VASSAL's HTML support. YMMV. https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/force-download
  5. zgrose

Entrenched behind a Low Seawall

Actually, I think I found it? G13.622 says the the wall doesn’t block LOS and I presume that is meant to be an override mentioned in G13.62. Exception being entrenched in a Beach hex.
  6. zgrose

Entrenched behind a Low Seawall

Can a unit in a Trench behind a Low Seawall see non adjacent hexes past that wall? I think myself, and some others, imagined the Low Seawall like a small Cliff but I’m not finding the rule to support that. Could be looking in the wrong place. Taken from Facebook post about AP101 playing.
  7. zgrose

Random Selection--light to dark dice arrangement

It's not the colors, it's the order. I can imagine the French might go Blue, White, Red assuming they have a phrase similar to "the red, white, and blue"? Dunno enough French lingo. I always forget the middle color, and usually only remember the first color when someone grabs any ol' dice and...
  8. zgrose

Driverless farm tractors are here... and working well

There are thousands of them sitting in cages right now. ;)
  9. zgrose

Random Selection--light to dark dice arrangement

I like Red, White, Blue because it's easy for Americans to remember the order.
  10. zgrose

Fair enough. I meant desirable models. :)
  11. zgrose

Most people would work, at something. Some might be painters, musicians, etc. The current economy is already not a zero-sum game. I'm sure I speak for Paul when I say we're open to competing ideas. Basic Income seems the main player on the block. Have you heard of any others?
  12. zgrose

Well, I think you summarized the most obvious answer in your followup. I'm not sure Basic Income is the best option, but I haven't heard of anything better yet.
  13. zgrose

The British European Referendum

Authoritarian regimes and Trump go hand in hand, you’re backing the wrong horse if you’re trying to get to Liberty. But move this to a relevant thread.
  14. zgrose

Routing towards the enemy

Yes. I was explaining to the other person why out of LOS hexes are perfectly reasonable rout targets even in a reality argument context.
  15. zgrose

The British European Referendum

50K candidates! Dang! Do you guys have like multiple candidates from the same party running for a seat because that averages to > 1.8K candidates per country? Or are there just a lot of individuals/groups vying for particular seats but 1 from each organization?