zgrose's latest activity

• zgrose
    I’m not a fan of using starters as closers. I’m curious if the analytics say otherwise.
  • zgrose
    zgrose replied to the thread macOS Catalina VASL.
    I'm fairly confident Java apps should do fine in the Mojave->Catalina transition since only the 64bit Java runtime has been available on...
  • zgrose
    Fresh install of Catalina. Downloaded Java8 from Oracle. Downloaded VASSAL. Downloaded VASL. Seemed to run ok.
    • Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 2.54.52 PM.png
  • zgrose
    I'll be upgrading today (or tonight) and will report back my findings and the appropriate workarounds. Java is already 64bit so I...
  • zgrose
    zgrose replied to the thread Security threat of encryption.
    Story continues to develop. Open letter to Facebook to ward off strong encryption...
  • zgrose
    zgrose reacted to Smedley's post in the thread RO CG II Set up cost of OB given CPP with Like.
    I was the Russians and quit after one turn. Suffered 5 critical hits and lost about a third of my force. That being said, I do think...
  • zgrose
    There is a thread over on Facebook that this CG is an un-winnable for the Russians since they begin so outnumbered. Any comment based on...
  • zgrose
    zgrose replied to the thread wall and hedge LOS example.
    The hedge is closer, there isn’t more of it.
  • zgrose
    I think you're misreading the example. Unless I'm looking at the wrong example, there is never more hedge. There is just a rotation in...
    • Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 10.44.01 PM.png
    • Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 10.44.37 PM.png
  • zgrose
    Because the target is "next" to the wall/hedge. All the wall/hedge rules say you have no LOS when neither side is "next" to the...
  • zgrose
    Install java 8 from oracle. I go to java.sun.com to spite them. Install VASSAL from vassal site. Drag to Applications folder. Click to...
  • zgrose
    zgrose replied to the thread VASL Map Database.
    Not every ASL board is maintained on GitHub, that is totally correct.
  • zgrose
    Since you're already in Excel, you can also just Insert... Pictures and put the GitHub path in the File name field (e.g...
  • zgrose
    Go to https://github.com/vasl-developers/vasl/tree/develop/boards/src and look for the gif with the same name as the folder.
  • zgrose
    zgrose replied to the thread SW and sqd FF/SFF/FPF interaction.
    I didn't realize this got a face-lift but I found this resource super helpful for understanding FF/SFF/FPF and MGs...