Recent content by xenovin

1. xenovin

AAR - Roses for Vandervoort - TAC47 - Redux

I should try that VBF stuff. Oh wait I do and they turn into lighters against you! Glad you had more of a challenge in this game.
  2. xenovin

OF 14 Decision at Dubno : what is a damaged RR Bridge?

Of course the first tank I drove across the bridge collapsed it when I played this scenario.
  3. xenovin

Can we start a BG counter Forum

I think they are fine here in the design area and I do read them but I usually don’t have anything to add! I wouldn’t say this is crowding out design comment. There just is much less posts on GS anymore so more people are actually looking at it as not much else is being posted.
  4. xenovin

AAR - Roses for Vandervoort - TAC47

At first This looked really easy for my US paratroopers. I really should read the scenario card and note the four HIP Guns! Needed to use way more smoke in this one to get through the initial kill zones. My burning Sherman’s gave a great Russian smoke screen but a tad too late. Props to the...
  5. xenovin

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Something happened with your coding, that’s not the IIFT :)
  6. xenovin

BG Counters 30: PT-34 M41, PT-34 M43, PT-KV1 M41 & PT-KV1 M42, T-34/57, & KV-150

This was 16 October 1941 counterattack against Kalinin but 21st TB was a mixed bag of whatever was left around Moscow (T-34/57, T-34, T-26, BT-2, BT-5, BT-7, T-60 [first time in combat] and 4x ZIS-30s). The regiment and battalion commanders each received a T-34/57 with RAD. They did manage to...
  7. xenovin

BG Counters 30: PT-34 M41, PT-34 M43, PT-KV1 M41 & PT-KV1 M42, T-34/57, & KV-150

6 of 10 T-34/57s in the 21st TB in 1941 had radios.
  8. xenovin

Scenario Pack List

The best place to figure out what CH does is the Desperation Morale website but it hasn’t been updated since 2017-ish. As far as related packs, the old CH series packs like hero packs, Euro packs, etc were related but each was self contained. I think the newer Red rarities and hot stove packs...
  9. xenovin

Da Paul Challenge

10. xenovin

Strategic considerations for placing rubble..

Divert vehicles away from roads into kill zones, rubble stairwell locations in VC buildings or upper building hexes favorable to enemy attack on your position, manhole locations, close a flank to vehicles, in general use to annoy or frustrate an attack on your position.
  11. xenovin

What explains counter dimensions?

There are threads about some counters falling apart and my vague memory was each printer used thier own core material so modules done by different printers have various thicknesses.
  12. xenovin

Kohima

They are working on it and update on number of HASL and geo scenarios.
  13. xenovin

Kohima

There’s an update on the module in the new View From the Trenches #106.
  14. xenovin

calling Ketil

mine would be titled: Calling Quetzalcoatl