Recent content by wrongway149

1. wrongway149

Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

If you want a hint, just look at my little avatar thingy in the upper left....
  2. wrongway149

Rally Point Volume #17: Special Study II of the Korean War is now available!

I will be covering some of it, too!
  3. wrongway149

Paths Not Taken

I think the bocage rules would be good to represent tall walls around French gardens.
  4. wrongway149

How will the Croix de Guerre reprint treat the Free French?

Agree with Evan 100% - we have enough counters! I would rather use an SSR to represent slight variations. For example - One US infantry regiment that landed at D-Day used Springfields for about two weeks (Commander did not like the ammo usage on M-1s? I don't know for sure) until they chucked...
  5. wrongway149

After a game, what factors do you consider important when deciding whether a scenario's fun?

But in a really GREAT scenario design - both players can be screwed thusly. So whomever groks it first gets an advantage.
  6. wrongway149

After a game, what factors do you consider important when deciding whether a scenario's fun?

I get a certain satisfaction as a designer when players grok the scenario about mid-way through.
  7. wrongway149

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

The goal was to keep the US forces just a little tentative. Leave a gap, and the Puma or a halftrack could slip through. Also for historical feel, as the over-extended 2nd Pz was trying to get back to a reasonable defense line. So if the German accomplishes such- even on a small scale- it would...
  8. wrongway149

Which rule do you want to change?

Correct. So don't use them.
  9. wrongway149

OK well let me plant some trees on the battlefield in my Prep Fire Phase. Five or less turns it into a woods hex!! :rolleyes:
  10. wrongway149

These both sound like excellent SSR ideas ;)
  11. wrongway149

Unless OBA is falling you or you are being overrun by a tank...
  12. wrongway149

It's not. Name a battle in which the troops involved were expected to maneuver out of foxholes regularly, fighting as they went-- and dug them with that in mind. If there is one, I will design a scenario around it and SSR the new foxhole rules accordingly. I think original game designers were...
  13. wrongway149

It is something GOOD scenario designers consider thoroughly (I typically provide them if the defensive positions will include enough grain or brush.)
  14. wrongway149

No. I am saying that players who use them as intended receive the advantages and disadvantages as designed. You use them for something else-- you get something else.