Recent content by Will Fleming

1. Will Fleming

VASSAL not compatible with java v9?

Got this working with Java11 on Linux without any trouble. Fonts/buttons look a bit big, but maybe I can play with some settings. Will try this out in my next 'real' game of VASL with the Kwanster! 3.3 also working on Linux/Windows 10 for me. Thanks!
  2. Will Fleming

Help needed: can't read SSR 4 on FT 221 Independance Day

Do the carriers (with no passengers) count for the exit conditions? Cupolas can setup in trenches?
  3. Will Fleming

Mid-term storage of gaming stuff (6-8 months)

Just getting the hive mind to perhaps give me some insight. Basically, I am looking to do some traveling and would store my stuff maybe 6-8 months or perhaps a year. Storage that is climate controlled. Put foam into the boxes where stuff might shift around. Put some desiccant into each box or...
  4. Will Fleming

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

~ works? As in putting this in the config? ~/<some directory> Looks like it doesn't. My script to start it up is thus: #!/bin/sh -ex # # Execute...
  5. Will Fleming

Update, looks like the config reads relative to the directory you are running it from. So you could include something to put you in the right directory in the script (such as cd ~) Use /home/<username>/ in the config file 3) Wait for "Ghost" to give you a better suggestion. :) I chose #1...
  6. Will Fleming

Here is my config file which seems to work. I use mega.nz for file storage (similar to Dropbox) so I can easily do reinstalls or keep settings consistent across multiple linux machines. I don't really hang onto the setup files for vasl-templates, so the last setting (USER_FILES_DIR) could...
  7. Will Fleming

Got the program running with images loading. Some warning messages about extensions, but I suspect that is due to the extensions. Chapter-h looks to be working, can see images in the VASL save files and also in firefox (localhost:5010). I assume as soon as I run the script I can start VASL...
  8. Will Fleming

Will have to play around with the config and test it when home, but this looks like it works.
  9. Will Fleming

SV14 SSR4 question

At the end of this, it says: "AFVs are treated as if in Concealment Terrain due to the +1 LV Hinderance." That seems strange. AFV's are always in concealment terrain? Should it be 'treated as concealment terrain' instead? Do they mean for example an AFV in otherwise OG would keep...
  10. Will Fleming

For King & Country reprint

In case MMP has not seem my thousand or so posts about it, I will buy FKaC and CdG!!!! Deluxe too!
  11. Will Fleming

Action Pack 14: OKTOBERFEST XXXIV is Now For Sale!!

Hmm, Chas is looking better as he ages. Me not so much!
  12. Will Fleming

Action Pack 14: OKTOBERFEST XXXIV is Now For Sale!!

Any quick suggestions now that this is in my hands? Already got a match (loss) lined up with the DeLuxe scenario in there (AP134??). Any other recommendations for an afternoon match (4-6 hrs)?
  13. Will Fleming

Gun IF in Final Fire after being marked with "First Fire"

I think that is how everyone plays it and Aaron pointed out C.4 which states AC.4 ORDNANCE AREA FIRE: Ordnance Area Fire never halves the FP effect of any hit. Instead, any shot affected by any provision of Area Fire caused by the target's status uses the Case K To Hit DRM (6.2). Fire during...
  14. Will Fleming

Gun IF in Final Fire after being marked with "First Fire"

AA8.4 FINAL FIRE: That portion of Defensive Fire which occurs during the DFPh is called Final Fire. During Final Fire any of the DEFENDER's units/weapons that are not marked with a First, Final, Intensive, or No Fire counter may fire. Any such units/weapons that are marked with a First Fire...
  15. Will Fleming

CyberVASL XI

Jason Burnette (German) vs Will Fleming (Russian) in VotG27 "Drama, the Park, and Deadly Things" was close, but the dice took over with me getting 3 CH and Jason rolling a lot of high DR on his morale checks. Probably too much to be overcome. Russians (Will) get the win. Seems like a decent...